stripers?

Anyone fishing for stripers? I have been killing them down the canal for a few days now. I was wondering if anyone else is having this same luck.

I caught four last saturday. It was great I was using my freshwater bait caster. All of them were between 15 and 22 inchs, any bigger and I would have been screwed

No keepers.

I have been seeing huge fish almost all keepers at the ice rink in bourne. I took a 34 incher home yesterday and slapped it on the BBQ.

Pulled a 29 inch keeper and a 27 inch out of Broad Sound on Monday. Most people said they were striking out all over the place in their usual holes.

However, this just proves that they have made it up to the harbor. They are still skinny this time of year though.

Keeper was caught using a Niner Rig trolling at 3 knots and the 27 inch was caught floating mackerel.

I've been down in my home town of Swansea surf casting into Mt. hope bay and so far my buddies and I have caught 6 keepers between 30 and 33 inches among other small fish. Very tasty on the grill with some mayo and seasoning!!

what are ppl using on the canal (I know nothing about striper fishing)

Most people i saw including myself where using poppers. Yellow was working the best yesterday. I went today and the fishing was not as hot as the last few days. I didnt catch any but saw some people land some nice ones. The guy next to me today caught a 34"

Back
Top Bottom