Stripers are in

I'm surprised there's a limit on blues- I thought they were out of control.

I didn’t know they cared at all about them. I was out with a charter 15-20 yrs ago. Captain killed every blue we caught. I’m not for that either, but I thought they were up there with sea robins. Lol

I didn’t see any blues last year but the year before we got into them a few days off Salem/Marblehead. There was so much bait around last year everything was out of whack there very well could have been blues around and have just gone unnoticed with all the mass confusion. I drove from Rockport to Manchester( the only one in MA) last year and counted 23 large schools of pogies all the size of baseball fields. Some were holding bass most not. I ran a charter for cure for cancer out of cape ann marina last year we wound up off magnolia on a big group of pogies pushed up against the rocks I saw a few big boils I thought seals may have been on them, then we watched 2 90 inch tuna smash through pogies flying everywhere as they were eye level with us in 22 feet of water, I had one of the patriots on the boat that day it was a good trip. I’ve never seen the bass prices so high as last year I was getting 6+ per pound all year I thing I got in the 7’s one time

I didn’t see any blues last year but the year before we got into them a few days off Salem/Marblehead. There was so much bait around last year everything was out of whack there very well could have been blues around and have just gone unnoticed with all the mass confusion. I drove from Rockport to Manchester( the only one in MA) last year and counted 23 large schools of pogies all the size of baseball fields. Some were holding bass most not. I ran a charter for cure for cancer out of cape ann marina last year we wound up off magnolia on a big group of pogies pushed up against the rocks I saw a few big boils I thought seals may have been on them, then we watched 2 90 inch tuna smash through pogies flying everywhere as they were eye level with us in 22 feet of water, I had one of the patriots on the boat that day it was a good trip. I’ve never seen the bass prices so high as last year I was getting 6+ per pound all year I thing I got in the 7’s one time
I was in that same area a couple times last summer with my dad, along with like 30+ other boats. It was absolute chaos. Especially when one of the commercial draggers set their net out around a guy that was on his center console, so they could scoop up the pogies...

I heard that there was tuna moving through there but not the days I was there. That's awesome you got to see them smashing through!

I generally fish South Cape Beach in Mashpee for blues. Last year no hits , no runs, 1 error which turned into the longest cast of the day.
Did hear some reports of fish there but few and far between.

I was in that same area a couple times last summer with my dad, along with like 30+ other boats. It was absolute chaos. Especially when one of the commercial draggers set their net out around a guy that was on his center console, so they could scoop up the pogies...

I heard that there was tuna moving through there but not the days I was there. That's awesome you got to see them smashing through!

It was wild my buddy was in his pogie seining boat and was tossing over pogies by the shovel full and they were boiling off the stern he said if he had a harpoon he could have stuck one

I generally fish South Cape Beach in Mashpee for blues. Last year no hits , no runs, 1 error which turned into the longest cast of the day.
Did hear some reports of fish there but few and far between.
I fished the Vineyard last year and caught 3 blues to every bass and Rhode Island early season no bass at all but did ok with decent blues
It was a strange year last year.
Doesn't look Like we will be doing any RI fishing in May this year

every time i see the thread title come past when i'm scrolling i always mis-read it as strippers are in. my first thought is how are they handling the lap dances during the required separation. i dunno but would like to find out. i should have put this in first world problems maybe. ok, carry on. you youngsters continue the fish talk, us old timers will go back talking sex. it's all we got left in the tank, hot air. [laugh]

Bluefish populations cycle ever 10 yrs. This is normal for them. No need to worry - wait: populations will increase again in time. Life is a cycle unless man has intervened too much. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom