Strickland & Son Gunsmith Berkley, Ma

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
I did a search to see if this had been mentioned and came up with nothing, so here goes.

Strickland & Son Gunsmith
Rte 79 in Berkley, Ma

Deals in mostly used stuff. Lots of .22s and shotguns. But he has a good supply of new shotguns.

Some milsurps and quite a few handgunds, mostly used.

Can/will get you anything you want.

Ammo prices as good as anywhere.

Ron is a nice guy who is very knowledgeable and though I haven't used him as a smithy, seems to do ok in that area too.

His place is an 'unassuming' barn behind his house, so his overhead is minimal. Very little signage so he's real easy to pass by unseen.

I've bought about 18 items from him in the past year or so and will continue to do so.

Strickland & Sons

Agree, this is a good little shop. Very nice & knowledgeable staff, and reasonable prices. I picked up a case of XM193 a couple of months ago there for $110.

FYI Milsurpers,

Ron Strickland recently took in a bunch (well over 100) rifles and handguns from a collector's estate and they are going fast. Most rifles are milsurps and several of the handguns are as well.

These were put out on Friday and about 1/2 are gone already. There are many really unusual rifles, including several French WW2 and earlier pieces. There are several Mausers, there were a couple of FN's, a couple of very nice Enfield No 5 jungle carbines, the MG43 went quick !

I honestly don't know everything that's there now... but as of this AM there were many unusual pieces, many I've never seen before.

The pistol cases are as full as he's ever had them. There is a very nice SW M17-5 (? on the -5 part) .22 revolver for $395 - it''s as good as they come.

As of this AM there were two Victory model SW's in excellent shape, quite a few wheel guns of various makes and sizes, including a couple of SW629, several SW M66, a load of various target pistols. 6 or eight 1911's (not milsurp)

He's open Tues thru Sat. Sat he opens at 9, the rest of the week at 1.

See the above posts for address.

I picked up a beautiful 98/44 Mauser with all the Nazi markings for my collection. Pics will be in milsurp section when I get them.

Well, I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Decided to swing by Strickland's Friday night on the way home. It's a bit out of the way, but I read he sometimes had a few milsurps in stock.

Imagine my surprise when I walked in an saw DOZENS of milsurps lined up, just begging to go home with me. And, several did.

The haul:

Finnish M27 (Tikka, 1933) in VG+ shape, with what looks like an unfired barrel

Finnish M28/30 (Sako SKY, 1940) in VG+ shape - also with an unfired barrel

FN-49 (Egyptian Contract) in VG shape, with fine barrel and sniper dovetailed receiver rail

MAS 49/56 in VG+ shape - with a fine barrel dated 1966

I never participated in such a feeding frenzy before. Now I know what a shark feels like. Couldn't turn down the opportunity on some GREAT deals. To top it off, I brought all four to the range today and shot off 20 rounds each to see how they would do. Happy face.

Now I'm definitely going to have to swear off any more milsurps for the rest of the year....

Ken K
(Milsurp Shark)

Last edited:
Well, I scored.[smile] Details in the milsurp section. Theres lots of stuff left, including what the owner said was just about every Carcano made.

Just wanted to let youse guys know that I just came back from Strickland's in Berkely.

He's got a couple Enfield jungle carbines that look real nice. Still got a few M44's (look like new) and I saw one Mark 5 that looks like it is in original shape with all matching numbers. He probably has 40 or so milsurps of various kinds.

The two handgun cases are pretty much full of stuff. I saw a really nice Walter P38 and just about the nicest SW 1917 I've ever seen...looks mint.

If you're looking for a long gun, he tells me he now has about 300 shotguns and rifles.

He came across some .357 max ammo and empty cases for me to reload. If you need anything and he doesn't have it, let him know. He's always getting stuff for people.

I told him I wanted an M1903 sometime back and he came thru for me with the RIA that I posted last month.

He's talking about building a new building next spring so he can show his stuff better. Should be interesting !

stopped by monday..he let me browse even though he was technically closed..definitely going back later for some well priced items[smile]

I went down there a couple of weeks ago to see if that Smith 1917 was still available.

It was gone, but I got a beautiful condition Colt Police Positive .38 with Police markings for a great price. I could have easily found five or ten guns I would buy if I had the money.

has anynody been over there latly. does he have alot of guns. I was just wondering if he had any sks rifles.

Back
Top Bottom