Straight vs Cant

Anyone like a straight drop OWB holster? IWB doesn't work very well for me so i've been using a Galco canted belt holster. It does a decent job. I saw Rosen has a hi-ride straight drop that looks like it would be even better from a concealment standpoint. But I've always had canted holsters in the past. It's a 4" 1911 if that matters.

I find that a canted holster conceals better, but straight-drop is faster to draw from.

Personally, I won't buy anything from Mitch Rosen. I think you can get the same quality elsewhere for less money.

I love the Don Hume holster I have for IWB. I push the grip of the pistol forward so that way it does not print when I lean over. With that holster, you cant see my pistol at all, my fat flab conceals it very well [smile]

I agree with M1911, cantered conceals better, there is a cheaper holster co. called "The Masters Holsters" they make a pretty descent copy of galcos. Ive had one or two and they fit and worked great for the money....

I've been using Galco for about 12 years, never had anything bad to say about them. The only time I Buy another holster is when I'm waiting for My Galco to arrive....

checked out c-rusty holsters, no offense, was'nt impressed at all....

Last edited:
I have tried a couple of different leathers. Now Kevin Manley at K&D Holsters is the only one that gets my money. If I need a holster sooner than he can deliver, I order something from Comp-Tac to use in the meantime.

And OBTW, yes to fwd cant.

I've been using Galco for about 12 years, never had anything bad to say about them. The only time I Buy another holster is when I'm waiting for My Galco to arrive....

I've got 3 Galco holsters. Sorry after using Rusty's holsters, I think the Galco holsters are crap. The mouths are not reinforced and easily collapse, making one-handed reholstering dodgy.

I find that a canted holster conceals better, but straight-drop is faster to draw from.

Personally, I won't buy anything from Mitch Rosen. I think you can get the same quality elsewhere for less money.

The belt, mag carrier and IWB I bought from Rosen was from his Express line. Fine quality but at a much better price.

I've got 3 Galco holsters. Sorry after using Rusty's holsters, I think the Galco holsters are crap. The mouths are not reinforced and easily collapse, making one-handed reholstering dodgy.

Mine might not be broken in enough yet for this to show up. So far it's kept it's shape. Thanks for the heads up as to what might happen.

Agree except for the comment on Mitch Rosen. I have one of their stright drop IWB holsters and the quality and price are great.

Back
Top Bottom