• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

console vault vs lock'r down?

Looking at a center console locking vault for the ridgeline, these two seem to be pretty similar. Anyone have experience with either of these brands (or another brand) in your vehicle?

I have a console vault in my silverado, its OK for a casual idiot who might break in but anyone determined will not have much trouble just ripping it out and taking the whole thing. There is not much but sheet metal under the console to bolt it to. with that being said, it fits in my console well and has lasted me a long time.

I have the lock'er down vault in my center console, as well as a rear under seat in my Silverado. Nice heavy duty units. You are welcome to check them out if you are in the north shore area.

so if car gets stolen - it will go with a gun in it?

True. I have a car safe, but would never use it as a permanent location for something like a backup gun or anything like that. Most of the time, there are just a few extra mags in mine. I keep it more for unexpected trips to city hall where I can't carry, so it is only briefly used for holding an actual pistol. If my car did get stolen in those brief and rare instances, then at least I could say I was in compliance. (note to self--maybe list my guns on my insurance policy?)

I have a console vault in my silverado, its OK for a casual idiot who might break in but anyone determined will not have much trouble just ripping it out and taking the whole thing. There is not much but sheet metal under the console to bolt it to. with that being said, it fits in my console well and has lasted me a long time.
Yeah I have one in my F350. It would slow down a casual shitbag thief but is realistically pretty easily defeated. I feel ok leaving my wallet in it if I run into a store and only want to take my debit card or something, but probably wouldn't feel awesome about leaving something really valuable in there over night or for a long time in a shitty neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom