Storing pistol with cable lock

Just a noob question - I am running out of locks and grabbed some free locks at the local PD.

Just wanted to confirm that it won't do any damage to the springs and mechanisms of my pistol to store it (P226) with a cable lock through the mag well.

I'd prefer not to store it cocked with the breech held slightly open by the cable but must do for now. Can anyone comment if this will cause any problems?

Thanks,
David

A safe is the best answer. That being said I personally don't like the idea of keeping the recoil spring under any compression by keeping the breech even partially open. No scientific facts to back me up it's just a personal thing. On the other hand I don't leave my cars on jack stands when not in use! [laugh]

A safe is the best answer. That being said I personally don't like the idea of keeping the recoil spring under any compression by keeping the breech even partially open. No scientific facts to back me up it's just a personal thing. On the other hand I don't leave my cars on jack stands when not in use! [laugh]

But if you did use jackstands, your tires would be much rounder -- no flat spots at the bottom from massive weight of the chasis and body pressing down from above.

To slide back on topic, and keep LenS away, I agree that a sturdy, weighty safe is a much better solution for secure firearms storage.

Go to gunvault.com and get the deluxe multi gun. I keep it under my night stand next to the bed. Best security device I ever bought. 5 seconds and the door flies open with a light on inside keep your gun loaded and cocked ready to rock.

Back
Top Bottom