• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stop Shooting At The Roaches...

'Bouncing' bullet injures two people in Brigantine

Thursday July 17, 2008, 7:38 AM

BRIGANTINE, N.J. (AP) -- Brigantine police say a hollow-point bullet traveled through a ceiling and hit two people in different rooms of an apartment. Both escaped serious injuries.

Lt. Ray Cox tells The Press of Atlantic City Kevin Dorsey somehow fired a .40-caliber handgun into the floor of his girlfriend's second-floor apartment early Wednesday.

Cox says the bullet grazed the right arm of a woman in the first-floor kitchen and ricocheted, striking her boyfriend in the chest as he sat on a couch. The bullet sort of bounced off the man and landed on the sofa.

Dorsey is charged with aggravated assault and several firearms violations

Isnt this guy doubly screwed since you can only have fmj ammo in NJ? Or was that a myth?
You're only partially correct; hollowpoints are forbidden to be carried.

You can own 'em, you can shoot 'em on the range, but G-d help you if you're caught carrying 'em. I'm guessing that shooting one off is one of the charges.

Me, I used to stoke my Model 19 with some seriously hot JSPs - perfectly legal. As are wadcutters and SWCs.

Isnt this guy doubly screwed since you can only have fmj ammo in NJ? Or was that a myth?

Last year while down in Florida I was going to pick up a case of Federals. The owner saw I was from MA. as he said.. "you driving or flying? NJ will charge you with one count of possession per round if found with hollow points"

Last year while down in Florida I was going to pick up a case of Federals. The owner saw I was from MA. as he said.. "you driving or flying? NJ will charge you with one count of possession per round if found with hollow points"
And you believed a Florida FFL about NJ laws why? Feel free to go into any gun shop in NJ and buy your own hollowpoints.

you driving or flying? NJ will charge you with one count of possession per round if found with hollow points"

Total BS. There is a lot of misinformation posted about the hp regulations in NJ. The best source of info is the NJAC Title 2c. The NJ State Police website has the links to the laws. As already posted, home, range and hunting use is permitted.

Feel free to go into any gun shop in NJ and buy your own hollowpoints.

Recent changes to the laws now require a FID card and sales are logged. No idea if a NJ FID card is required though.

Back
Top Bottom