• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

stick this in the "we told you so" file

I like the opener "if the US has a gun culture, Britian has a knife culture" [rolleyes]

how about "the US has people intent on killing others, Britian does do"

If you have a knife you will be punished.

Ban all knives. Then they'll have a stick violence epidemic. After banning all sticks, and cutting down all the trees in the country so people can't make sticks they'll have a shoe violence epidemic. Anyone caught wearing shoes will be thrown in jail for life.

Scary that this doesn't even seem like a satire anymore. It is the direction they're heading across the pond.

And you can imagine that a nice long slash with even a two inch knife is going to cut a whole lot of muscle, tendon, nerves, arteries, and maybe even catch an organ or two.

Personally, as I imagine it, a knife coming at me would startle me more than a gun pointed from the same distance.

When will they figure it out? It's the criminal offender committing the crime, not the weapon.

Politicians love criminals, they have lots in common. They both prefer their victims unarmed and defenseless

Last edited:
When will they figure it out? It's the criminal offender committing the crime, not the weapon.

Does the term "when hell freezes over" ring any bells? Actually, they know it's the criminal - you know, the folks who help keep them in office. It's not the criminals they have to worry about - it's an armed populace. A LEGALLY armed populace. Can't have a decent 2nd revolution with out arms, donchaknow.

"See, we banned guns and that didn't work. People want to and are going to kill you because of all the evil implements this world is full of. Are you scared yet? No!?!?!?! Well, bloody hell. What do we have to do to make sure you're good and frightened so that you'll come looking to us for everything you need? I mean, we do know what's best for you."
- Anonymous British Political Source

Last edited:
"See, we banned guns and that didn't work. People want to and are going to kill you because of all the evil implements this world is full of. Are you scared yet? No!?!?!?! Well, bloody hell. What do we have to do to make sure you're good and frightened so that you'll come looking to us for everything you need? I mean, we do know what's best for you."
- Anonymous British Political Source

That's it right there in a nutshell. I flipped on the TV Saturday after getting out of the tub and NBC was running the story about this topic. I damn near threw the remote against the wall I was so mad. How can you be so stupid...

Joe R>

Back
Top Bottom