State/Federal DQ? Felony? Don't give up!

eColi

NES Member
This is not for the faint of heart, it takes time and patience. If you have the money (I didn't), in my case I was quoted $6k, I always recommend hiring a competent attorney who specializes in firearms licensing.

There is hope if you have a DQ or felony that is holding you back from applying for your LTC (certain offenses you're stuck with, but it's worth a shot). I did it all myself and only spent the amount it costs to make copies at the courthouse. Granted it took me 2 years of appearing in court, working with LEO, FBI and FRB directly. My case was extreme as certain things were not being updated properly to BOP, NCIC... etc.

Of course YMMV!

First thing I did was filed a motion for new trial, considering the judges who heard the case were still active. Why new trial you ask? Because there was new evidence to present that could have swayed my judgement during that time. In my case it was prescription drugs.

Motion for New Trial
Forms: http://www.mass.gov/courts/forms/crim-forms-gen.html

Second was hand deliver a copy to clerks, probation, DA... basically anyone who would take a copy. I included all evidence (FDA drug fact sheets and side effects). Also included was character letters of friends I grew up with. Someone from the DA thought I was extremely organized and knew I meant business, she basically fought for me.

Third was go to trial and plead my case. Juvenile judge was willing to dismiss charges as long as I paid $50 fee. Adult judge was only willing to reduce charges. All worked in my favor!

Fourth was making sure my CORI, BOP, NCIC and everything was updated. At first everything reported the same, until I started my hunt to find out who updates these systems. I know more about NCIC then the auditors themselves. After sending a few emails explaining how this inaccurate information is impacting my ability to exercise my 2nd Amendment Right they were willing to resolve it quickly.

It sounds easy but it's not. Of course there were ups and downs to this and more people than I can count didn't think I could do it. But I did. My rights have been restored! I'm a proud holder of a MA LTC-A, waiting for my NH Non-Res to come in the mail.

If you have questions please feel free to PM me.

Well done, Potter.
woohoo.gif~c200

Hermione agrees:
Clapping-gif-tumblr-i19.gif

Not to be outdone...

latest

Thanks everyone, it means a lot! I've read NES over the years and absorbed all the knowledge.

The #1 supporter over the last 2 years (besides wife), surprisingly, was the LO. He kept my application in the MIRCS queue for 2 years. I'd periodically call him to touch base and let him know I was working on it. I always thought I was bothering him. Until after everything was resolved and my friend went in front of him for his LTC appointment. Friend mentioned my name and the LO smiled, said LO told him he commended me for everything I did to get this resolved, said I must of spent a fortune. Little does he know... (I did spend some cash on a DD gift card for him).

It shows there are still great LO and State/Government Officials out there who care about your rights. FBI was surprisingly helpful once I was persistent enough. Took emailing James Comey, Director of FBI ; )

The one thing I always told myself during this time was, this is my right, this system is hindering my ability to exercise my rights. I will not fall between the cracks. Treat them with respect and they will give respect.

I know it sounds like I'm preaching but it was a uphill battle, that I won. I just want people to know it's worth the battle.

Congrats, now enjoy your new LTC [thumbsup]
Thanks! I can't get it off my mind! Already eyeballing the S&W 1911SC. Buying ammo like it's going out of style! These online deals are wicked and shipped right to my door!

My main carry is the M&P Shield 9MM with APEX Trigger Kit and XS Big Dots. Can't shoot this thing enough...

Write a how to book and make millions
Only if I knew a ghost writer! I have so much information I probably could. I also had to do this same technique for some things in NYC that were holding me up... same strategy. Same results.

Back
Top Bottom