• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

starline brass

headednorth

NES Member
Anyone have any experience with using their brass? Good quality? Longevity? Pro's cons?

Will they ship to MA? (Please PM if they do, dont post in thread)

Haven't used Starline exclusively, but I can't recall having any issues with it.
Starline is available at many mail-order firms. You'll have to contact them regarding MA mailing.
PM on its way...

I have always had good luck with any that I used. If you order enough of it, they will customize the headstamp for you.

i use their .45 colt brass with no problems. they've been around for a while, their .45 acp stuff was very popular when i was doing ipsc back in the day.

I have used there stuff for a long time, especially there revolver stuff and am not afraid to load em nice and stout and they hold up fine In my 357,44,454,480,&500.

Dean

.......and am not afraid to load em nice and stout and they hold up fine.....
starline says their brass is thicker, don't know about that but there is a difference in case mouths when i compare, say winchester .45 colt brass to starline, you can visually see the difference. i shoot the .45 colt from a ruger redhawk. i'm making up some slammin' loads and we're still looking good, me, the gun, and the brass. [grin]

I'm using their brass to load .458 socom. Excellent quality and holding up well to this stout load. i definitely recommend them.

good stuff indeed, I've used it from as small as 7.62 tokarev up to 45-70 and absolutely nothing to complain about!

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Just entered the wonderful world of revolvers and am looking forward to getting my hands on some brass.

Didn't check your revolver thread, what did you end up buying?!

Both[laugh]. Blackhawk 7.5" in 45 colt and a 4" gp100 in 357. And dies, caliber conversion kit, quick change kit, gauges. Not looking forward to the cc bill, lol. Figure its like ripping off a bandaid, get it over quick and move on. Had fun at the range though.

Both[laugh]. Blackhawk 7.5" in 45 colt and a 4" gp100 in 357. And dies, caliber conversion kit, quick change kit, gauges. Not looking forward to the cc bill, lol. Figure its like ripping off a bandaid, get it over quick and move on. Had fun at the range though.

Haha nice! Yeah get it over with. Especially before November - get your components etc now.

Haha nice! Yeah get it over with. Especially before November - get your components etc now.

Yep, Ive been buying a bit every week. Wasnt into revolvers during the last panic. Were 45colt, 357, 38spl out of stock along with the more common calibers 9mm, 556 etc? I know powder and primers will be gone regardless of caliber, more curious about loaded ammo and projectiles. (Although 45c seems to share a lot of weights with 45acp and I guess 38spl and 357 arent exactly obscure calibers by any means.) Mostly remember 9mm and 223/556 being impossible to find and 17hmr being everywhere.

Yep, Ive been buying a bit every week. Wasnt into revolvers during the last panic. Were 45colt, 357, 38spl out of stock along with the more common calibers 9mm, 556 etc? I know powder and primers will be gone regardless of caliber, more curious about loaded ammo and projectiles. (Although 45c seems to share a lot of weights with 45acp and I guess 38spl and 357 arent exactly obscure calibers by any means.) Mostly remember 9mm and 223/556 being impossible to find and 17hmr being everywhere.

I honestly can't remember. I'd imagine 45 colt would have been the easiest to find during the last panic due to cost?

you may not know this but Starline also supplies brass to a lot of ammo manufacturers too. Not the giant ones but smaller ones like Ultramax.

I bought 500 pcs of 9x18 Makarov brass a few years ago...some have been reloaded 3 or 4 times...no issues at all.

Back
Top Bottom