• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Starbucks Response Video

Talk about a weak-ass "victory" for gun control...

"Other advocates pointed to changes in the broader culture. This week, Starbucks announced that it would request customers to leave their guns at home, after controversy arose over its previous policy to abide by local firearm laws, including "open carry" laws that allow guns in stores.

For a "worldwide business icon like Starbucks to say 'guns are not welcome in our stores anymore' is a sea change," said Shannon Watts, founder of the gun control advocacy group Moms Demand Action."

Gun Control Advocates Urge Patience In The Wake Of Navy Yard Shootings

They should have had a "Mass Killers are NOT WELCOME on this Base" sign at the Navy Yard. Strong language would have stopped the shooter in his tracks.

I could care less of Starbucks requests guns be left at home. It's their business interests and they can do what they want. Concealed means concealed.

If you're open carrying to make political statements in coffee stores you're not helping the cause...you're just drawing negative attention. There is no need to open carry unless that is your only legal option.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I could care less of Starbucks requests guns be left at home. It's their business interests and they can do what they want. Concealed means concealed.

If you're open carrying to make political statements in coffee stores you're not helping the cause...you're just drawing negative attention. There is no need to open carry unless that is your only legal option.

So, you would keep throwing your money at them? The whole "concealed means concealed" thing is bullshit in this case. They need to notice the difference IN THEIR WALLET. If they don't want me with my gun, they won't get me as a customer, end of sad story. To keep patronizing an anti gun corporation and help them prosper means you help them validating their stance. Support pro gun stores whenever possible, and avoid openly anti corporations. I know for a fact that Walmart in Epping has no problem with customers carrying firearms, neither does the management of the market basket in Stratham. So, these are places I will do business with. I also know for a fact that the VFW of Epping has a bigass sign that they don't allow firearms on their premises. So, I won't support the, veterans or not. It's easy, just do what your gut tells you.

spoken like a true statist.

Oooh I get it. "Statist" is the new big scary nes word.

I agree that open carrying in public is unneccessary and I think often detrimental due to the attention it draws from "concerned citizen" and criminal alike. That said it should absolutely be lawful.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

So, you would keep throwing your money at them? The whole "concealed means concealed" thing is bullshit in this case. They need to notice the difference IN THEIR WALLET. If they don't want me with my gun, they won't get me as a customer, end of sad story. To keep patronizing an anti gun corporation and help them prosper means you help them validating their stance. Support pro gun stores whenever possible, and avoid openly anti corporations. I know for a fact that Walmart in Epping has no problem with customers carrying firearms, neither does the management of the market basket in Stratham. So, these are places I will do business with. I also know for a fact that the VFW of Epping has a bigass sign that they don't allow firearms on their premises. So, I won't support the, veterans or not. It's easy, just do what your gut tells you.

Hey, to each his own. If you don't want to buy Starbucks coffee because they are requesting guns be left at home that's totally fine. But this whole idea of bring your gun to Starbucks day was stupid to begin with. We all saw this coming back in our faces. It was not a productive pro gun activity. It was a "hey look at me with my gun in pro gun Starbucks". It just was bound to be a magnet for negative attention.

And no, concealed means concealed is not bullshit. And I'm not thrilled Starbucks made the change. But I'm also not boycotting it based on a decision they made that they believe is in the best interests of their business and stakeholders. Don't be fooled...this is ALL about profits from their perspective.

Oooh I get it. "Statist" is the new big scary nes word.

I agree that open carrying in public is unneccessary and I think often detrimental due to the attention it draws from "concerned citizen" and criminal alike. That said it should absolutely be lawful.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Yes...statist is the new label I guess, and because I used the phrase "no need" that apparently makes me one by way of semantics.

Listen, I agree open carry should be legal. But here in MA, even if technically legal by law, we all know it is not wise. Walking into Starbucks with your glock on your hip when a majority of their clientele are flaming liberals and soccer moms is bound to cause a shitstorm.

My point was that the look at me and my gun at Starbucks day would not be a great idea, and it wasn't. And I bet if we do it again at another major retailer, outside of a big pro 2A supporter, it will have the same result....No more guns allowed there....safety of our customers... whole nine yards.

thats the 1st colin noir video i didnt finish and wont bother.

starbucks doesnt want to **** around with politics and get sucked into retarded debates that have nothing to do with its business model. start bucks wants to sell coffee and shit, not support 2A.

the pro 2A crowd has been on starbucks nuts for years putting a company who clearly wanted nothing to do with the issue into a bizarre situation.

I thought noir was better than that. and yes, if the place doesnt want gays, whites, blacks or catholics in their business, thats also their choice.

Back
Top Bottom