Standoff in Westminster - man with AK47 shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see now. This is what he told the cops as to why he felt the need to show his gun.

I see now. This is what he told the cops as to why he felt the need to show his gun.

He didn't "show" his weapon, he put it/readied it on his lap in his car....then had his LTC taken away for admitting/reporting the incident.

Lesson here.......?

so not only do you drive like a punk, you drive like a douchebag
get out of the lane you obviously don't belong in

While I don't feel this is the right place I do need to address this.

Sorry I did not give context:
1. Driving into Boston during rush hours.
2. I go with the flow of traffic no matter what lane I am in.
3. When I say tailgaiting I mean some ass is less than 3 feet away, which is unsafe at any speed. I hope you are not one of these folks.
4. When I say "slow down to piss them off" I mean i let off the gas a bit, not hit the brakes. Then I would be a punk douchebag.
5. Thanks for starting the name calling, very mature. This is why forums get out of hand all the time.

Thanks for the negative rep points you two. I love forum bullies.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight....a guy (prison guard) took his gun out of it's holster and put it on his lap, in his car....told police about it....had his license taken away....got annoyed by that....was shot by police in the leg, and left to bleed out and die.

So simply taking a handgun and putting it in your lap in your own car can lead to all this in MA. [sad2]

Only in the most corrupt (sissy) state in the country could this happen.

He didn't "show" his weapon, he put it/readied it on his lap in his car....then had his LTC taken away for admitting/reporting the incident.

Lesson here.......?

"Nobody ever got into trouble by keeping his f-ing mouth shut."

So simply taking a handgun and putting it in your lap in your own car can lead to all this in MA. [sad2]

Only in the most corrupt (sissy) state in the country could this happen.

No. Simply shooting at cops can lead to all this... anywhere. It's not a good idea to shoot at cops even outside of Massachusetts.

Loose lips sink ships?

I don't understand how it was material to even mention that he put the pistol in his lap. Just report the aggressive driver to the police. End of story.

Loose lips sink ships?

I don't understand how it was material to even mention that he put the pistol in his lap. Just report the aggressive driver to the police. End of story.

Is there a law that says you need to keep a handgun in a holster?
As far as I know you just need to keep it in your personal control?

Is there a law that says you need to keep a handgun in a holster?
As far as I know you just need to keep it in your personal control?

And cops wonder why citizens are reluctant to say anything to them.

We don't know what he told the cops, or how he told them. We also don't know anything about this guy's background except that he unholstered his gun because someone gave him the finger, he got his LTC revoked (and maybe or maybe not reinstated), waved his gun around in a bar, then later shot at some cops.

Unfortunately, this is as good an argument for 'shall issue' as the antis are ever going to find.

We don't know what he told the cops, or how he told them. We also don't know anything about this guy's background except that he unholstered his gun because someone gave him the finger, he got his LTC revoked (and maybe or maybe not reinstated), waved his gun around in a bar, then later shot at some cops.

What! We know what he told the cops, it's part of the court record.

We know his 'background'....a prison guard, long time LTC holder, who may have also had a machine gun license!

We know that he is in more contact with the criminal element that any cop is.

We know that he did not have it reinstated....again court records.

And again, is having a pistol on your lap in your own car against the law in MA?

Unfortunately, this is as good an argument for 'shall issue' as the antis are ever going to find.

The state police have been wanting to take over licensing for years, because of these out-of-control Chiefs in MA!

For those of you that don't know....the MA Chiefs get together twice a year, and much of the discussion is to 'scheme' about how they are going to take away long term LTC from citizens (especially machine gun licenses!)

I really don't understand why police chiefs would not want an armed public. When crime goes down it will make them look better and they won't even have to do anything besides sign a damn form!

The only thing I can think of is political reasons.

I think they would consider having the gun in your lap "brandishing" even though no one sees it. The problem is he told them he did.

It's too bad he either didn't get help or it didn't work for him.

On a sidenote, watch the vids on youtube about Police searches, I found it pretty informative. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyokKFIecIo&NR=1&feature=fvwp

What! We know what he told the cops, it's part of the court record.

We know his 'background'....a prison guard, long time LTC holder, who may have also had a machine gun license!
Bullshit.

You know what was reported. Not exactly what he said and how he said it. By 'background' I mean his previous dealings with the police.

We know that he is in more contact with the criminal element that any cop is.
Maybe, maybe not. He was a corrections officer. He can't take his gun to work. So? Big deal.

We know that he did not have it reinstated....again court records.

Show me.

And again, is having a pistol on your lap in your own car against the law in MA?

Neither is open carrying, but admitting either to your CLEO is a bad idea.

Waving it around in a bar is, and so is shooting at police.

What's your point?

Maybe I'm out of line for making this request but I'm doing it anyway.
Mike was my friend and my colleague. His death was a tragedy and I'm just glad that no one else was hurt. Please, whoever moderates this board, delete this thread and let my friend rest in peace, for his sake, his family's and his coworkers.

Maybe I'm out of line for making this request but I'm doing it anyway.
Mike was my friend and my colleague. His death was a tragedy and I'm just glad that no one else was hurt. Please, whoever moderates this board, delete this thread and let my friend rest in peace, for his sake, his family's and his coworkers.

I can 2nd this. Enough said.

The state police have been wanting to take over licensing for years, because of these out-of-control Chiefs in MA!

Ummmm... actually the State Police don't really want it.

For those of you that don't know....the MA Chiefs get together twice a year, and much of the discussion is to 'scheme' about how they are going to take away long term LTC from citizens (especially machine gun licenses!)

*cough* Bulls$!t *cough* Where are you getting this stuff.[rolleyes][rolleyes]

I swear there was a sale on tin foil this week cause everyones been wearing the hats.

I really don't understand why police chiefs would not want an armed public. When crime goes down it will make them look better and they won't even have to do anything besides sign a damn form!

The only thing I can think of is political reasons.

It's too bad he either didn't get help or it didn't work for him.

Union LEO's no not want any competition....crime is there reason for existence!

He did go to court, and got turned down by a activist (legislate-from-the-bench) judge.

Ummmm... actually the State Police don't really want it.

*cough* Bulls$!t *cough* Where are you getting this stuff.[rolleyes][rolleyes]

I swear there was a sale on tin foil this week cause everyones been wearing the hats.

Talk to the x-head of the Chiefs association....who has left/(was thrown out?) as Chief of the town of Shrewsbury MA....because the police union had 'no confidence' in him. He originally had everyone in his town w/ a LTC have a prerequisite to carry there handguns exposed at all times, everywhere in MA! He even came out with his own 'personal' firearms laws in that town!
He is now the 'lawyer' for the Chiefs association.

YES, the State Police have stated that they would like to take over the licensing....everything goes through them anyway, to reel in wacky Chiefs.

p.s. This Chief also demanded everyone give him a list of all the guns that they owned (I have a copy of this)....until the President of GOAL told him that that was a felony.

Talk to the x-head of the Chiefs association....who has left/(was thrown out?) as Chief of the town of Shrewsbury MA....because the police union had 'no confidence' in him. He originally had everyone in his town w/ a LTC have a prerequisite to carry there handguns exposed at all times, everywhere in MA! He even came out with his own 'personal' firearms laws in that town!

Your original statement that "the MA Chiefs get together twice a year, and much of the discussion is to 'scheme' about how they are going to take away long term LTC from citizens (especially machine gun licenses!)" is still patently false. Never happened.

He is now the 'lawyer' for the Chiefs association

Ummmmm.....no....Jack Collins is the attorney for the MCOPA.....[rolleyes]

YES, the State Police have stated that they would like to take over the licensing....everything goes through them anyway, to reel in wacky Chiefs.

Yeah OK..... an organization that is down hundreds of people and is pulling people out of offices and putting them back on the road and is looking at layoffs is looking for more administrative work....[rolleyes]

Ummmmm.....no....Jack Collins is the attorney for the MCOPA.....[rolleyes]

Yeah OK..... an organization that is down hundreds of people and is pulling people out of offices and putting them back on the road and is looking at layoffs is looking for more administrative work....[rolleyes]

The Worcester Telegram & Gazette reported that he was the lawyer for the Chiefs this year.

The T&G also reported that the State Police want to be the issuing agent to level the playing field from these 'green towns' you talk about here.
(which are really un-American Chiefs who hate the Constitution, hate the Bill of Rights, and hate the 2nd Amendment).
Thank God for the recent Supreme Court ruling! And the next one coming in a few months.

You obliviously don't know what your talking about....

The State Police process and do the background checks for all MA firearms licenses (anyway)....the Chief of your town/city were intended to simply be the middle men, in case someone did something wrong after the check, or was knows to be crazy....not think up reasons to deny LTC 'renewals'.

An instance of abuse....

In my city of Worcester, MA, the Chief recently refused to renew a long time LTC to a guy who was arrested for DUI many years ago....passed the breath test and was let go! Then an activist (legislate from the bench) judge ruled in the Chiefs favor. Again from the T&G.

Yes, the State Police would like to end this abuse.
READ the newspaper some day....instead of making funny faces.

Last edited:
Not saying the information is right or wrong, but do you believe everything you read?

When they quote court records, public records, official statements, YES.

That and common sense....
Which is lacking here in MA, where PC 'sissy' men seem to prevail....you know, public officials that act (have the mentality/psychological profile of) 14yo. girls!
Or is that just an 'act' they put on?

I believe you are demonstrating a complete lack of understanding of the various issues involved here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom