Stand and fight, or run away?

I doubt most people would openly choose "run away", but every week I read another post about someone "escaping" from Massachusetts.

Sorry, I'm not leaving. This is my home, and I'll stand and fight.

How?

Let's start with license renewals.

How many people have received their license renewal within the 40 days required by law? For those who did not, how many filed a petition for judicial review in the District Court as a result of the government's violation of your rights?

Yes, it will probably put you on your police chief's shit-list. Since your chief has already refused to follow the law and issue your license within 40 days, aren't you already on his shit-list?

How many times will the city/town council happily pay a legal fees to defend the chief against? How long before they demand he follow the law and issue licenses within the time allotted by law. HIs complaints that he doesn't have the manpower to process all the applications will sound pretty lame when the town has to hire a law firm or have the city/town solicitor spend another half day at the courthouse.

Don't the local police departments usually blame the state, and vice versa?

For me, the gun laws are symptomatic of a larger problem that is pervasive throughout the entire state - from politicians all the way down to the bat-shit crazy liberals I have to work/live with on a daily basis. I've had the good fortune to live elsewhere to know that it doesn't have to be this way. I hate the beginning of each legislative session knowing that there will be another 10/20/50? new guns laws up for debate by those whose primary objective is to abrogate my rights and freedoms. All the while these idiots are also diligently working to give my hard-earned tax money to some lazy POS who won't lift a finger to help themselves. In the short time I've been here, we've only lost ground wrt our rights as gun owners. I've gone to rally's, wrote letters, called my legislators, and attended hearings at the state house (using my own time and money) and have to wonder if it's done a bit if good. I have the ability to spend my money elsewhere and will do so as soon as possible. Continuing to support Deval Patrick and his band of lawless crooks only furthers their agenda. I will continue to support organizations like GOAL and Comm2A but will be doing so from a safe distance.

Last edited:
Not worth the fight, it goes sooo much deeper the firearms.. taxes and nanny laws to name a few, hell they were pushing for seatbelt laws for dogs a while back, thats how far this state has gone off the deep end.

I doubt most people would openly choose "run away", but every week I read another post about someone "escaping" from Massachusetts.

How?

How many people have received their license renewal within the 40 days required by law? For those who did not, how many filed a petition for judicial review in the District Court as a result of the government's violation of your rights?

Yes, it will probably put you on your police chief's shit-list. Since your chief has already refused to follow the law and issue your license within 40 days, aren't you already on his shit-list?

How many times will the city/town council happily pay a legal fees to defend the chief against? How long before they demand he follow the law and issue licenses within the time allotted by law. HIs complaints that he doesn't have the manpower to process all the applications will sound pretty lame when the town has to hire a law firm or have the city/town solicitor spend another half day at the courthouse.

I respect your stand, and I've chosen to move to NH this summer - there, I can still make more of a difference than in MA and living in NH does not prevent me from staying involved in the MA political fight.

It's sad, really - two decades after moving to US from an ex-communist country so I can raise my kids in freedom (no matter how bad it is getting, it is still the country with most freedom on earth), I had to leave MA and raise my kids in NH for the same reasons.

Your mileage may vary... just as it should.

P. S. I agree with the advice... but you might want to disclose the average cost of filing a lawsuit (5k or so?), the odds of getting a favorable decision from the courts (basically zero) and the fact that suitability means the CoP can ensure that you will never see a ALP LTC in your lifetime.

How many people are willing to pay those heavy costs for the faint hope that enough others will do the same, the town will notice and make things right? That being the same town which created this mess in the first place by hiring the "right" Chief of Police...

So every person in MA, who doesn't have their LTC in time, should file a lawsuit? How much does that cost? $3k, $4k, $10k???

How about Massachusetts just doing something that the law says, instead of screwing with everyone just because they can?

It's not running away, so much as choosing your battles or living to fight another day.

The massive migration to New Hampshire might very well be what saves it from MA's fate. Not to mention the federal election implications if you believe that matters.

MA was my home too... but it was like being a stranger in your own country. Not very productive to live like that. My neighborhood is a lot more like-minded, and therefore neighborly, than any one might find in MA.

this reminds me of William Loyd garrison the civil war era abolitionist.

he has a statement on a plaque in island grove..

the same could be said for 2a rights denied.

"
Reader take heed: I stand for the right though power and wealth and all your fellows turn against you and persecute you.

"I am in earnesth will not equivocate, will not excuse - I will not retreat a single inch - and I will be heard" Garrison

Erected by an Abington soldier who served and was wounded in the war which ended slavery. ]

How many times will the city/town council happily pay a legal fees to defend the chief against?

First, any city/town in Massachusetts has way more funding than any [STRIKE=citizen]citizen[/STRIKE] subject has to challenge the status quo. [thinking]

Secondly there are ZERO penalities for the police when they violate state laws, and if there were do you really think they would be enforced ? [laugh]

It's much easier and affordable to simply pack up and move.

Remember this; the Commonwealth still does not have a "Katrina Bill" to prevent the unlawfull confiscation of firearms. This is why we packed up and moved. MrsTwigg and I were discussing the subject of a possible confiscation and IIRC the way things are (or at the time) worded any government offical could order a confiscation at any time during an "emergency".

For that matter remember also the concept of "suitability", get on the wrong side of the CLEO and in a heartbeat you are "Unsuitable", your door is kicked in at 4:00 AM, your family terrorised and your property stolen.

All nice and legal - like.[hmmm]

For some this means the loss of one or two firearms, for others it's losing a collection worth tens of thousands of dollars.

I love my house and living in a lake front community, my family and friends are here. I have an unrestricted ltc and have the guns I want. I get paid well for a truck driver. Yes the guns I wanted cost more because of the BS, until I can retire or something changes I am staying.

How?

Are you offering your services gratis attorneyfoley- or soliciting for business?

There is an organization- comm2a- supported by many here- who is trying to fight the legal fight. Do you work with them?

If you are trying to solicit business- join the forum as a business member first.

It's not about running away or escaping, it's about living where you're free

I do not poo poo the people of Massachusetts, it is the home of my birth and the first 36 years of my life, I poo poo the State government

I would counter why do you choose to stay where you are restricted in your freedom and evidently, not wanted

Last edited:
As others have said it's not just about licensing. There are so many other things firearm related that has me wanting out. I want any handgun I desire, I want a silencer, I want to open carry freely and I want to get away from the moronic laws in this state that make sense to nobody but the idiotic lawmakers that make them.

This state is a mess and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

My endgame is NH. This place has too many demo-moonbats to ever see the light. The AWB will never be reversed. AG testing will never go away. Sure we could get an inch in reversals... but in reality we've already lost the mile in MA.

I plan on leaving this state for NH as soon as I can, which unfortunately won't be for at least 3-5 years.
This state is lost. Maybe if more us moved to NH we could save it from turning into Northern Massachusetts.
They are trending the wrong way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

New Hampshire already has a good, solid base of freedom minded people. It just made sense for us to go join them. A logical choice to help fill the ranks. Sadly, it's a numbers game here in Massachusetts. There will never come a time where there is more of us than them. 5 days till the moving truck arrives for us.

As far as I'm concerned, you people are delusional if you think "escaping" to NH, VT and ME is going to do you any good. The entire northeast will end up a lost cause and voting isn't going to change anything.

I'm moving to Nevada. I'm taking about a 20 percent pay cut, but will end up with more money in my pocket every month.

Is that running away or fighting?

In my mind that is fighting. I've taken my income and removed it from Massachusetts. That's less money for the welfare state to squander.

I've also found a place where I can live a higher quality of life on less money. That's a one finger salute to the feds as well since that's less tax revenue.

Is it perfect? No. But if everyone reduced the amount of money they pay into the system, it would collapse.

Personally I just don't care anymore. If I want something, ill get it. If I don't wanna pay a tax I figure out how to get that back plus more through other avenues. Seriously if you have been shooting in mass for any amount of time you can get whatever gun you want brand new in the box regardless of some "list". Your not looking hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is beyond "lists". This state will continue to suck folks who work for a living dry. The only way to fix it is to let it collapse.

Where else can you have a business like the MBTA, which continues to lose money, has no plan to become profitable, but continually gets taxpayer money?

I've had enough. The strongest statement you can make its by using your feet. Voting is useless. Allowing them to take your money is just as good as voting for the status quo.

I hadn't read the briefs- but I'm glad to see he is one of the attorney's.

If he had mentioned that fact up front, he'd have demonstrated a bit more credibility. Sadly we have had a history of lawyers trying to drum up business on this site.

Yeah, I know. Steve is one of the good ones though. Here's some stuff on his gun rights practice: http://www.attorneyfoley.com/second-amendment-rights/

As far as I'm concerned, you people are delusional if you think "escaping" to NH, VT and ME is going to do you any good. The entire northeast will end up a lost cause and voting isn't going to change anything.

Tell me about it! NH recently abolished every single knife law, SYG is on the books, and we're one step closer to full Constitutional Carry after a NHSC ruling this summer. Voters came close to abolishing the income tax via Constitutional Amendment (61% - needed 66.7% to pass).

Total. Freaking. Moonbattery.

New England is going to full full retard its just a matter of time.

If NH ever goes FR, I'll be exercising Article 10 of the NH constitution. As will many others.

Will we succeed? Only God knows that answer, but "the possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just."

Back
Top Bottom