• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stainless Steel or Aluminium AR mags

What is the consensus on the two different material magazines? Are there any reasons to get one over the other? Talking about new mags.

ETA: Mags to be used and stored in VT, so I am not worried about legal issues.

Last edited:
Your forgetting the plastic or polymer mags.

BTW unless you have other sources the only Stainless steel mags I can think of are the HK mags and they are not pre ban.

The best mags I can think of are the 40 round English sterling brand.

I have a few of this brand mag in 30 round capacity.

I also like 100 round capacity C Mags but the preban models are getting real spendy.

pix61840109.jpg

pix61818265.jpg

Aluminum has the benefit of being light weight while Stainless is strong and rustproof

Last edited:
Most aluminum mags have been heat treated making them fairly brittle which is actually a good thing because the do not bend or deform easily, they tend to just break.

What is the consensus on the two different material magazines? Are there any reasons to get one over the other? Talking about new mags.

ETA: Mags to be used and stored in VT, so I am not worried about legal issues.

Hell, if they are going to be in VT, then go with p-mags. They don't rust, don't need lubrication, come with dust covers, are as light as aluminum. I can't think of any reason to not go with them.

Back
Top Bottom