Stack-On Fire Resistant Gun Safe

Does anyone have any experience with this safe. I can get it using my Marriott Reward points. Not sure where I cold put it. My basement has no water issues but gets humid in the summer. Don't think I want to get into having to remember to buy desiccant packs for it all the time. My present gun cabinet is in my bedroom but I think this would be a little heavy to get up stairs.

Stack-On - Elite series safe by Stack-On holds 24-guns or all valuables. Electronic lock entry has operational lights and trouble key backup. Large steel 3-spoke handle rotates to extend/retract with 1.5" steel bolt action. Tested to be fire resistant for 30 minutes up to 1400 ° F. Reinforced steel doors are filled with fire retardant material and door stripping expands with high temperature exposure. Safe is convertible, carpeted includes 4 shelves, a door storage system and more. Epoxy black finish.

All if these types of gun safes appear similar in construction and quality based on what I have seen. I have a couple- one stack on and another made by Diebold. I would suggest a rotary sander piece off a dremel tool to cover (fits perfect) the reset on the inside of the door- otherwise can be reset and opened easily (see youtube video).

interested in one too....let me know if you buy

I won't be buying it. I will be using my points I get for staying in Marriott Hotels. I am a little shy of the required points right now but am thinking of it.

I have the 36 and 46 gun models. Both have non electric locks. They are well made for the money and I'm more than happy with them. I use a Lista 40" cabinet for handgun storage. I found it was the best option for me. All of them are in my basement and I use heat sticks to control moisture.

8a6e4f535a9400e5ab26412680b4e861.jpg

A Goldenrod or similar is a must.

Elite series safe by Stack-On holds 24-guns or all valuables

I'm sure you know but that 24 gun listing is pretty much a joke.

Elite series safe by Stack-On holds 24-guns or all valuables

Even with a goldenrod, does the heated air flow through the entire cabinet enough to keep everything rust free? My concern is that the entire cabinet can be rolled out unlike my safe. i replaced a smaller Stack On metal unit for that reason.

Last edited:
I have a stack on fire and water proof up to 2 feet I believe. Nice safe, electronic lock. For the price it's s nice safe

A Goldenrod or similar is a must.

I'm sure you know but that 24 gun listing is pretty much a joke.

Even with a goldenrod, does the heated air flow through the entire cabinet enough to keep everything rust free? My concern is that the entire cabinet can be rolled out unlike my safe. i replaced a smaller Stack On metal unit for that reason.

I have a 36" rod in the bottom of the cabinet, there is about a 2" gap between the sides and back. I think this lets the air flow around pretty good. It's been two years with no issues. I think as long as the internal temp is higher than the outside, it should be fine.

I finally have enough points to order this. Thinking of putting it on the 2nd floor. I would probably hire a company to move it up there.

Silly question before I order this safe. If you use it in the configuration shown in the picture does each side hold 12 rifles? I want to use it with one side as shelving and one side for rifles. Just want to make sure that in this configuration there would be enough room for 12.

View attachment 125899

Back
Top Bottom