SR45 in production

At first I thought 10+1 = lame. But it kept the same grip thickness as the SR9, so that's pretty cool.

I've seen complaints that the HK45 only holds 10 rounds compared to the FNX45 holding 15 rounds. Then they turn around and say how much better the grip on the HK45 is compared to the FNX45. [thinking]

It's funny how that works.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got excited about picking one of these up then realized i live in MA. [mg]

Ruger is one of the better companies at helping us poor bastards. I bet it comes here.

I've seen complaints that the HK45 only holds 10 rounds compared to the FNX45 holding 15 rounds. Then they turn around and say how much better the grip on the HK45 is compared to the FNX45. [thinking]

It's funny how that works.

- - - Updated - - -

Ruger is one of the better companies at helping us poor bastards. I bet it comes here.

It will, its just a matter of when. They are already starting to ship.

Magazine disconnect, tiny external ambi-safety levers, and the LCI means that the SR9/40/45 won't make my short list. But...

If Ruger ever offers the SR series without those extraneous parts, just_like_that, they'll become a market contender.

Got an email about it from Ruger. Love my SR9c. So wouldn't mind checking one out. Been thinking I'm in need of a full size 45acp.

Got an email about it from Ruger. Love my SR9c. So wouldn't mind checking one out. Been thinking I'm in need of a full size 45acp.

Yep the SR9c is one of my favorite handguns but I really don't need a SR45 even though they will be awesome. FS will have it in stock soon I bet.

I'll probably impulse by one when I see it, haven't bothered to contact my FFL for a quote yet.

Anyone interested in a P345 with under 1k rounds and 3 mags? [wink]

im really bouncing back and forth the idea of getting rid of my M&P 45 for one, i like the grip and the trigger far better on the sr series than the m&p. and thats saying alot, i love and trust my life with the m&p.

I sent Ruger an email the other day inquiring about a timeline for MA compliance, and their response was "I'm sorry, I do not have the information requested above". [sad2]

I effing hate the safety levers on the SR models.. I pinched the skin underneath my thumb while racking the slide. Not fun, and it happened with overhand and slingshot methods. They need to make those levers more friendly.

That said, the fact that the grip size is the same as the SR9 makes it very appealing. I find Ruger stuff to be quite attractive, but if an XDM were to fall into my lap...

Last edited:
Just wanted to throw in my .02 on my Rugar SR45 I picked up last week at Shooters Outpost along with 10 boxes of .45 FMJ that were going fast. The price of the SR45 was $100 less than MSRP. Got a chance today to fire off 100 rounds. Had a great time shooting at the range today along with a S&W Bodyguard 380. Both magazine hold 10 and 17 mags will soon be available but not quickly available right now. I do find XDM to be a real nice firearm as well and if one were available at the same time tho it would have been a tough decision between the two.
RugarSR45a.jpg
[/IMG]
RugarSR45b.jpg
[/IMG]

45 is the way to fly, i used to be a huge 9mm man but since i got my M&P 45 there has been no looking back. I would really like to shoot the SR45 if anyone in the berkshires obtains one, dinner or drinks after would be on me!

45 is the way to fly, i used to be a huge 9mm man but since i got my M&P 45 there has been no looking back. I would really like to shoot the SR45 if anyone in the berkshires obtains one, dinner or drinks after would be on me!

It's very high on my list, Dom.

Wow that was one of the worst TTAG articles I've ever read. To start off that article mentioning concealed carry had it doomed from the get go. And it got worse from there. I love that they compare a non SF and complain about the thickness. C'mon they are better than that!

Wow that was one of the worst TTAG articles I've ever read. To start off that article mentioning concealed carry had it doomed from the get go. And it got worse from there. I love that they compare a non SF and complain about the thickness. C'mon they are better than that!

With the shit cold weather around here the SR 45 is an easy three season carry owb with acover shirt/ sweatshirt

Im wondering the same, ttag is usually full of shit. If the sr45 has the same trigger as its smaller siblings then its pretty good. Like to see ole hickok shoot em up.

I love the Ruger trigger. I find it to be quite consistent and predictable with an audible and tactile reset. IIRC Ruger has been using the nice trigger out of their compacts in the full size guns.

Basically the only thing that'll interfere with me buying the SR45 is if I can get an SR45c at the same time and have to stop at the ATM. Since the SR45c doesn't exist (yet), that shouldn't be a problem.

And what's with TTAG's slam on concealed carry? Some people carry 1911s "all day every day" without a problem.

Last edited:
I just bought this 45 today. Nice trigger (dryfire any way). I'll try to get pictures later. I was selling another NES'er a 22 and saw this available and bought it. Definitely a spontaneous purchase. I knew if I waited to think about it it would be gone. Nice price for a 45, plus no extra needed for a trigger job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom