• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield XD memes force SA to delete all social media for 24hrs.

AllaSnackbah

NES Member
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/category/gear-review/

GENESEO, IL, Gunmaker Springfield Armory Inc is back on social media Thursday after deleting all social media for 24 hours following a vicious attack by trolls on the gunmaker's popular XDM line of pistols yesterday. Springfield's social media spokeswoman Alisha Knoblock said this morning in a brief press conference that internet trolling is a blight on the gun industry. "Springfield Armory employees have worked tirelessly for the past few months to release our newest groundbreaking product, the SAINT, it is an absolute shame that these heartless creatures have come out of the woodworks of cyberspace to slander our employee's efforts."

The company unveiled its newest invention, the AR15, on November 1st and shortly thereafter is when the attacks began showing up on the web. Popular social media websites such as Facebook, Instagram, and AR15.com were flooded with "dank memes", the internet troll's most destructive weapon, all through the day and into Tuesday night. "Our servers nearly went down, the dankest of memes were coming in at such a high rate, we had to manually cool our servers several times." Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said on Thursday.

Later into the evening Dennis Reese, President and CEO of Springfield Armory made the call to shut down the company's social media for a period of 24 hours until the flood of dank memes resided. "We had a meeting, and after careful deliberation we decided it best to shut down our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts for a short time to stem the flow." Reese said via web conference Thursday.

It still remains unclear what triggered the savagery however, some industry experts speculated that the internet was so upset about the company's newest invention, the AR15, that they lashed out at the XDM line of handguns just to prove a point. "We dont know why the trolls chose to attack the XDM pistol instead of what we assume they were really angry about, our latest invention, the AR15." Reese said. "All we can do now is hope that now that our social media is back online that these attacks will stop. Our newest invention, the AR15, once it is fully released to the public, will prove to be just as reliable and safe a product as the XD has proven to be since its release in 2002."

Internet trolls on instagram and Facebook were reached out to but none made themselves available for comment.

This is hilarious, the internet freaked out and attacked the springfield XD because they're pissed about all the hype springfield made about the SAINT. I loved my XD, but some of the memes were pretty funny.

The article is actually funnier than the memes (which I'm sure was meant to be in jest/humor regarding the memes).

All that's missing is a 'Hitler is pissed about the new SA SAINT', and/or a Risitas parody laughing about how SA trolled gun owners into thinking something new
and different was forthcoming..

The article is actually funnier than the memes (which I'm sure was meant to be in jest/humor regarding the memes).

All that's missing is a 'Hitler is pissed about the new SA SAINT', and/or a Risitas parody laughing about how SA trolled gun owners into thinking something new
and different was forthcoming..

Hahaha, i only copied a few of the ones i saw on instagram and fb. Hilarious.

I think these are hilarious. Springfield Armory should be playing along instead of getting offended. Take the publicity and turn it to their advantage with a few memes of their own.

Also, I agree that they hyped yet another AR a bit too much. I expected them to release a new, different pistol.

I think these are hilarious. Springfield Armory should be playing along instead of getting offended. Take the publicity and turn it to their advantage with a few memes of their own.

They are playing along with it. It's a joke/hoax article, if not from SA, most likely from someone else who created the story
and attributed it to SA and/or The Truth About Guns.

Last edited:
They are playing along with it. It's a joke/hoax article, if not from SA, most likely from someone else who created the story
and attributed it to SA and/or The Truth About Guns.

love how the author keeps calling the AR their "new invention". [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom