Springfield Show 3/10 & 3/11

levergun,

Check the sticky on gun shows, the URL is posted there.

How many tables? History shows only about 1/2 the advertised number actually are there.

GOAL: Questionable, as it depends on volunteers to man the table for 2 days.

This will be the first show that I attend.

Is it safe to say that I could find sealed tins (appx 400 rds each) of 7.62x54R for <$50?

Nothing is safe to say any more. If I were you I would plan to get there as early as possible on Saturday to be in line when the show starts and go directly to the ammo tent. If there is any, it could go fast. As far as the price, I do not know nor do I know anyone who has any information on pricing except that it seems to always go up.

7.62x39 will go fast followed up with .308 and .223 probably in that order. Unless prices are jacked way up that is and with the NY guys who knows what they'll be charging.[rolleyes]
They had 7.62x54 Prvi Partizan 675 round cases for $110 at the Danver's show. I bought one thinking it was non corrosive but its the mid 70's brass cased Yugo ammo and it has corrosive primers. Still good stuff, I was shooting it today with no sticky bolt what so ever.
What ever you see spam cans of ammo going for on the web sites that don't ship to Mass, expect to pay $20 to $30 more for at the show. Which isn't bad when you factor in shipping and handling charges. Best bet is to break down and buy a case of 2 cans from them, get a hand stamp so you can bring it out to your car, then hit the rest of the show.

I won't be working this show. Seems that DST cutover happens to be the same weekend. So I'm going to be spending my weekend updating a server, checking PCs and sitting around like Y2K again making sure we don't have issues on Sunday...

Whoo-hoo!! Lots of fun! [rolleyes]

I won't be working this show. Seems that DST cutover happens to be the same weekend. So I'm going to be spending my weekend updating a server, checking PCs and sitting around like Y2K again making sure we don't have issues on Sunday...

Whoo-hoo!! Lots of fun! [rolleyes]
The roll of C-pher will be played by Stoney Pete. Come on by the Powder Keg table and say hello.

Well this is one show I won't be attending. Normally I would but I have my eye on an SKS nearby and thats where my money is going.
Odd thing is I had 2 people that normally don't go to Springfield asking if I was going and if they coud get a ride with me.

Does anybody know the name of the beef jerky guy who's always at these things? I'm thinking of ordering some of the kielbasa and know he had a website but I don't remember what it is.

I just gotta make it down there some time. Never been. Not that I'm expecting any good deals at a MA gun show/shop but could be fun just to look around. It's the 3 1/2 hour drive that's not fun. Besdies, I cheat, just give my "shopping list" to a dealer that's there and he shops for me. ;)

Back
Top Bottom