Springfield - Police nab guns, rocket launcher

No, not at all! If only I had a choice in what the libtard textbook authors named their books...

While not surprising, the author felt compelled to include an entire chapter featuring gun violence. I'm sure the class thinks I'm the devil for having a "punish the person not the tool" mentality. I hope I pass the course!

I guess I am wondering if the news report is actually correct. They are calling some of this guys guns "Machine Guns." I guess I am just curious if they are really FA weapons or just Military style semi auto guns. We all know how the media calls everything that is an AR, AK type gun a Machine gun. I also HATE how these fools call semi auto Military style guns "Assualt" weapons. That is 100% incorrect... The true definition of an assualt weapon is a selective fire weapon with semi, burst and or FA capabilities not a semi auto gun.
If it is FA stuff I wonder if this guy has a "Green Card" for the state of MA or if it was all just totally illegal from a State (no green card) and federal (non transferable ATF no go weapons) level?

My guess is the media has blown it all out of proportion to some degree. I am sure there may be some illegal stuff however I question how much of it really is illegal.
oh well... sucks to be this dude.... [sad2]

Rob

They're going to cruxify this guy while at the same time Holyoke police captured bank robbers armed with an SKS (which media called an "assault weapon") and the judge...let them go! The Chief of Police wanted them held on $1 million bail bond, but since the robbers screwed up the job and got no money, the judge felt no crime was committed???? The bank teller was looking down the barrel of an SKS in a robbery attempt...and no crime committed? Boy, is society screwed up![crying]

1. This is a news report not a police report. I would not waste much time trying to figure out the facts. We should all know by now a reporter will never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

2. As has already been pointed out, Assault and Battery are two seperate crimes. Massachusetts defines battery as an unlawful, unconsented, offensive touching of another, however slight. Assault is placing another in reasonable fear or apprehension of a battery. One can be guilty of assault, but not battery. However, assault is a necessary included offense to battery, meaning if one commits a battery, he also commits an assault. My GUESS here is the subject will be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

As gun owners, we are kept to a higher standard, like it or not. Don't ever let your temper get the best of you.

Yup

Let me get this straight. I feel "threatened" by you... I call the cops and they arrest you? What kind of BS is that?

Well, yes if you are in a specific type of relationship with your "abuser". The standards are different in domestic A+B laws..... Fear for personal safety at time of conflict (of course as interpreted by the alleged victim) is enough Probable Cause to arrest the "aggressor", separate the parties based on legal terms and let the court figure out the details later. This occurs even if victim doesn't want to press charges if the fear or other evidence of abuse is found during the initial investigation.

Believe me many of these cases fade away in court after the victim decides they still love the abuser and won't testify. (Except if the victim is on welfare because the presence of a restraining order, I have been told (not sure if true but it would be consistent with MA standards), causes the welfare recipients' benefits to not expire)

The remove weapons from home/LTC grabbing occurs if the victim applies for a restraining order and the Judge deems it appropriate (low threshold BTW). (Or I suppose if it's found the weapons are possessed illegally). Weapons/LTC are supopsed to be returned after the restraining order is vacated, unless of course revoked by Chf of Popo's.

I believe this lower threshold (than for people not in a "substantial relationship") was set to prevent/cut down on/give more options for intervention regarding domestic cases.

Assault and Battery can be verbal.

Incorrect. Assault can be verbal, because assault is putting one in fear. Battery requires actual touching, "trespassatory" I think is the term in the statute. If I threaten you and/or raise a fist in a threatening manner, it's an assault. If I swing and miss, it's an assault. If I swing and hit you, that's when the battery occurs.

Gary

Is the scoped rifle, 2nd from bottom, an M1A?

Whether it is a Springfield Armory rifle or not we don't know.

What I can tell you is that it is in fact an M14 clone, with no selector stub, and the scope it is wearing is an ART-II, as used on an M21. Since it's somewhat obvious he's a collector, I can tell you there's a FAL, specifically an STG-58 (held), the folder AK, the M14 clone, a Thompson (probably semi auto, as the barrel is long), an AR AP1, A G3 or CETME, an 03-A3 Springfield, and several other Mil-Surps, plus a couple of hunting guns in that picture.

large_Gunstop.jpg

Photos by David Molnar / The Republican
Steven J. Jusczyk, of the Springfield Police Department, holds one of the assault rifles taken by police from 84 Randall St. Saturday. Other items taken from the home include ammunition, 15 rifles and shot guns, seven hand guns and three bayonets.

medium_Nonlauncher.jpg

This World War II German vintage range finder and its case were taken by police from the home of a Springfield arms collecter on Saturday. The range finder was first believed to be a rocket launcher.

Those look like some fun toys, shame it had to go down that way.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Anyone else notice the gold accents on the AR Thompson and M14? Looks like they may be the collectors version available in most gun mags.

Wow where can i get a gold plated flash suppresor for my ar-15 and my Thompson sun machine gun ? I would be pimping with that . The Gang bangers would be jealous big time . I could then whip out my gold plated Desert Eagle and all my bling bling would be shining ! [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom