Springfield Big E Show 5/31 and 6/1.

Mass turnpike westbound to exit 6 (I-291).

291 westbound to 91 southbound.

91 southbound exit 3, go over the bridge staying in the left lane (Route 5 north).

North on Route 5 for maybe a mile you'll pass the sewage treatment plant on your right, take the Memorial rotary exit.

3/4 of the way around the rotary onto Memorial Ave. Dunkin Donuts on the left, appliance store on the right. Your first set of lights you'll see the White Hut on the right - most awesomest burgers and dogs ever. Stop there on the way home.

Stay on Memorial Ave for a couple miles and the Exposition grounds will be on your left.

Last edited:
I'm considering making the drive, but I'm worried I'll be met with prices equal to or higher than the local gun shop.

Anyone know if decent deals can be had here?

Sat around 0930 I'll be there.

I'll be the bald guy wearing an od green T shirt with what looks like a Harley symbol on the back. I don't know if I'll spend anything or not (I just traded for a Scandium / TI Airlite J frame S&W a week ago).
smitty

Show Report

Got there at 8:50 and stood in a 15 minute line (note that the line dissipated by 11:00. Met NES member SOLVS LVPVS and spent the next few hours walking and gawking. Mostly militaria some modern guns, lots of knives. Very few deals to be had except for a Colt series 80 in all black that was calling my name-I wasn't able to pull the trigger and instead went home with ammo and ammo cans. Not to crowded but quite steamy given the weather. Had a blast hanging with SOLVS but offerings (guns-knives are fun and all but I had guns on the mind) were slim. Spent about 3 hours walking the rows and went home.

Show Report

Got there at 8:50 and stood in a 15 minute line (note that the line dissipated by 11:00. Met NES member SOLVS LVPVS and spent the next few hours walking and gawking. Mostly militaria some modern guns, lots of knives. Very few deals to be had except for a Colt series 80 in all black that was calling my name-I wasn't able to pull the trigger and instead went home with ammo and ammo cans. Not to crowded but quite steamy given the weather. Had a blast hanging with SOLVS but offerings (guns-knives are fun and all but I had guns on the mind) were slim. Spent about 3 hours walking the rows and went home.

I wonder if that WASR will show up on NES one of these days. [smile] [crying] [smile] [crying]

Back
Top Bottom