springfield armory ?

I don't know the regular procedure but it does'nt hurt to send an email direct to springfield armory to get the history of that model just for your own benefit.

[smile]
Can anyone tell me anything about "springfield Armory" model 1903 #1451078. was left to me by my father.?

Can you post pictures, if not can you give a few more details. I might be able to give you some more info. The rifle was built in 1934, but without pics or details it is difficult and I would just be guessing. If you cannot post pics, look or these things:

1) Barrel date, just behind front site
2) Complete reciever marking
3) any cartouches or inspector marks on the stock
4) stamps on the bolt (steel lot code, etc) straight handle or swept back handle?
5) stock type: S stock(straight), scant (partial pistol grip), C stock (full pistol grip)
6) finish: blued/parkerized or a mix of both.

You can determine alot from these things such as to whether you're rifle is original or has gone through a arsenal rebuild, which most of them did at one time or another. It is very rare to find any 03/A3 that has been un-molested
I entered you're serial number on the springield research service but didn't get a hit. No big deal, that just means they don't have any info on the gun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom