• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield 1911A1

JonJ

NES Member
Sorry totally ignorant of 1911's.
Found a used Springfield 1911A1 for sale. He's asking $500. It looks like a GI model, Parked, sights are non GI, trigger is either aluminum or stainless with holes in it. The serial number was preceded with "NM" (National Match?). Has a few scratches in the finish, one sort of ugly.
Good deal?

Adam_MA said:
I'd say so... But I guess it really depends on what you are looking to do with it.
Just general shootin'. No competition. Not yet anyways.
Is the "NM" in the serial National Match?
Thanks.

JonJ said:
Adam_MA said:
I'd say so... But I guess it really depends on what you are looking to do with it.
Just general shootin'. No competition. Not yet anyways.
Is the "NM" in the serial National Match?
Thanks.

I honestly don't know if the NM means National Match. If it looks like it's in good condition (frame and slide anyway) I would say it would make a nice addition for $500. And if it's not going to be a collectors piece even better seeing how it has already been altered!

Adam

It's not going to be collectible in my lifetime, it's Springfield Inc.
Guess I have some thinking to do.

If you're interested I have a Word document called "Checking a used 1911 with a purchase in mind". I know as litte as you do about 1911's but the guy who wrote this seems to know a lot. I copied it from a blog, and I'm trying to find the original site. If I do, I'll link to it. If I don't I can send it to you as an attachment to a PM.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom