Spring Gobbler 2014

Ill be out there next week. I have no interest in dealing with other hunters(or getting shot) so im hoping giving people the week and saturday will get it out of everyones system haha

I knew it was coming but it really snuck up on me this year. Didn't get any licenses until last night. I'll be out starting tomoro. Good luck ladies

Was out at sunrise again today at a different spot, no luck & didn't hear any gobbling. Ended up stopping a few other places checking for activity and only saw a single hen crossing the road. Needs to warm up some and I think it will pick up. I did hear a shot way off in the distance at around 6:05 so someone must have been on one.

Eh, the birds don't give a shit how warm it is. When you were younger would you pass up a piece cuz you were cold?

The birds seem to be more disbursed than past years. I also think the population has stabilized from a couple years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw one hen around 9am at about 30 yards and had a couple of gobblers at first light in the distance but couldn't convince them to come any closer. Try again next weekend.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

bagged this nice tom on opening day, went out again this morning and had a hen and two juvenile deer at about 5 yards but no toms today.

6ubyhury.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

BTW, before someone squawks about "wheres the beard?", he was laying on it in the pic, :)
I saved it, its about 8 inches or so.
good luck out there everyone...
a8e6azu4.jpg

Last edited:
oi - my family thinks the town they live in a their own private game preserve. I've gotten three phone calls this morning because someone took a shot this morning at 5:20 in Dunstable. If it was someone on here Congrats on the bird, since I only heard 1 shot; I applogize for my siblings being jerks.

bagged this nice tom on opening day, went out again this morning and had a hen and two juvenile deer at about 5 yards but no toms today.

6ubyhury.jpg

Now you're just showing off. Nice bird!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

There are about 6-8 Toms that have been hanging out in front of the house for a while, and more out back on the other side of the hill. Last week I had two within 15 yards of the house but season doesn't start till the 1st here in VT.

And the National Guard in its infinite wisdom scheduled May drill for the opening weekend of spring turkey season. FML

well - chalk this one up to a learning experience. I haven't gotten my NH state ID yet so I won't be able to purchase a residential license despite a lease agreement showing me as a resident. Don't want to shell out $100 plus for a license so I'll be sitting the opener out on Saturday. Good luck to everyone! I've seen several turkeys in the last few days and saw one pecking worms that had been brought up by all the rain these last few days :)

got the girlfriend a nice jake. her first turkey and first time ever killing anything for food. she waffled him at about 40 yards while he was trying to make a getaway.

10302098_10152381802357165_8211363958734173083_n.jpg

There was a road kill turkey on LaGrange Street on the way home from work today. Not sure of sex or time of death otherwise I migjt have scooped it up.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I was going to go out scouting before sunset last night but the girlfriend talked me into going out for ice cream instead. She puts on the cute face and is very persuasive. So I'll be up in a few hours to go into the woods where I've seen a few hens and jakes emerge from during morning jogs.

I was going to go out scouting before sunset last night but the girlfriend talked me into going out for ice cream instead. She puts on the cute face and is very persuasive. So I'll be up in a few hours to go into the woods where I've seen a few hens and jakes emerge from during morning jogs.

You can still scout, just check the areas on your way to/from the ice cream stand.

Saw a turkey on someone's yard while driving to my spot. Jerk was taunting me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I hear people all the time saying that the birds are dumb, but they're a whole lot smarter than people think, they know where they're safe.

You can still scout, just check the areas on your way to/from the ice cream stand.

I hear people all the time saying that the birds are dumb, but they're a whole lot smarter than people think, they know where they're safe.

Previous job was 9 years on the road in southeast MA. Between animals, roadkill and parked vehicles I found a ton of new places to hunt. Used to mark them on my map (gps?) and check them out on Sundays or off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom