Spikehorn Central

PatMcD

NES Member
My neighbor called me early Tuesday morning because he needed help with his deer. He had shot it the night before and we had to go get him with the tractor, gut him out, tag him, etc.. Nice little buck. Shot him with his trusty 700 in 30-06. Using factory ammo with 165gr plastic-tipped bullets (not sure which manf.), it blew the hell out of the heart and lungs (you can see the exit behind his right shoulder). Deer was dead but didn't know it, and ran 50yds or so. I've never seen such a blood trail.
Gougerdeer.jpg

That fired me up to get out in the woods, so that's what I did later that afternoon, when I stumbled accross this little guy. I used my CZ550FS in 6.5x55 with my handloads using the Sierra 140gr Gameking. Shot him low in the neck from 60 yds or so. He dropped like a sack of potatoes, kicked for 10 seconds and was dead. Easiest death I've ever seen. Had the tenderloins last night. Mmmmm, mmmmmm, good.
deer.jpg

Two spikehorns shot within 300yds of each other within 24hrs. They both weighed in at 120lbs. We were joking they must have been twins. Kind of nice to be able to do this on your own property.

Back
Top Bottom