• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Central MA butchers

skiro98

NES Member
So the butcher I’ve been using is closing down after this year. Sad. They were great. Also would hang the deer for you.

Looking for another butcher in central MA that also hangs deer.

I don’t have the time, space or knowledge to do this myself.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

These guys are awesome I used them last year on a early archery buck that I couldn’t process myself.
I am picky because I had always cut my own meat and have seen some hack jobs “deer butchers” have done.
The did a great job. They are in Monson

So the butcher I’ve been using is closing down after this year. Sad. They were great. Also would hang the deer for you.

Thanks!
Find a friend that can do it. Gift them and your good to go. Butchering is not that hard.

I don’t know any in central MA and I know that you said that you didn’t have the time but I thought that I would add this for other members.

This is a good video on how to process your own deer using a boneless process. I prefer a boning knife but boneless is the only way to go IMO especially with the CWD threat even though it haven’t been detected here yet.

It also addresses the glands in the hams that are important to get out as they can taint the meat.

Thanks!
Who is the butcher that's closing down if you don't mind me asking?

Jettes in Spencer. Open for next bow season until thanksgiving 23 then that’s it (if I understood her correctly)

I heard the same.

And i believe they are now closed for this year (Dec 11th). So, if you hunt primitive or late bow you’ll be in the same predicament.

I heard the same.

And i believe they are now closed for this year (Dec 11th). So, if you hunt primitive or late bow you’ll be in the same predicament.
Correct. Today is the last day to bring your deer there - and only for existing customers.

Sad. But it’s definitely not for lack of business. They say they’re getting up there in age and it’s just time for them to retire and take it easy.

Great for them - bad for us.

Correct. Today is the last day to bring your deer there - and only for existing customers.

Sad. But it’s definitely not for lack of business. They say they’re getting up there in age and it’s just time for them to retire and take it easy.

Great for them - bad for us.
Ive known Ron and Ann Jette for a long time. Hard workers and have done a lot of early season deer for me when I didn't have the time.
They have a place in Florida and I think it calls to them a little earlier every year. Can't blame them.

That said, I do my own deer when its cold enough to hang them.

Its not that hard, but many do not have the room or space. I get it. It is also a time consuming matter, no so much in cutting up, but packaging, and cleaning as well.

Back
Top Bottom