Speaking of Taxidermist anyone know.......

I think my mount last year was around $400. I paid in full when I dropped off the cape/antlers, but I'm sure there are other options. I used Bob Watkins in Webster, and I highly recommend him.

So what did you get?

Respectfully,
jkelly

nothing yet, season starts monday. I was just checking in case i happen to take the 8 pointer thats around my area. i wasn't looking to buy, i was looking to have my own done if i get that 8.

I was thinking it would cost me a grand, don't even know where i came up with that, but its only about $425

Could those of you who are recommending taxidermists post some photos? My last taxidermist was terrible and also skipped town on me with three of my birds- a mallard, woodcock and wood duck. Bastard!

nothing yet, season starts monday. I was just checking in case i happen to take the 8 pointer thats around my area. i wasn't looking to buy, i was looking to have my own done if i get that 8.

I was thinking it would cost me a grand, don't even know where i came up with that, but its only about $425

Good luck!

Respectfully,
jkelly

Any good taxidermist should have mounts for you to look at. If they don't they probably aren't very good. Look at the back of the head for stitching. Many amatures are not very good at stitching. Also look at the face for uniformity and a natural expression. I have seen many old mounts that look like they are smiling.

another vote for Mr.Pelitier
he does have mounts at different locations, at one time there were quite a few at the Fairhaven Walmart... he also has a studio with various mounts that can be looked at...
top quality taxidermist, and a gentleman!
Joe

another vote for Mr.Pelitier
he does have mounts at different locations, at one time there were quite a few at the Fairhaven Walmart... he also has a studio with various mounts that can be looked at...
top quality taxidermist, and a gentleman!
Joe

Any info for him? Website? Phone number?

do you have an address or phone for him? how are his prices? thanks

Pm'd address and phone number. His prices are fair IMO. Not the cheapest I've seen, but far from the highest. I had a 10 point done in a semi-sneak mount and it was $375. That was two years ago.

I'll try to add pics later today.

Ok...So I;m reviving this thread so as not to duplicate another.....

I have called Rob in Webster...And checked some of the websites in the post. I'm SE of Worcester and I'm looking for a Taxidermist. I have done them myself, but I don't have the time now. Please recommend someone.

Back
Top Bottom