Sorting brass

You can't beat the sale price MIdway is having for those at the moment. If you wanted to print some, you can do these. But they won't get the 380's out

On here, we designed a 380 sorter that works on a different principle:

That thread has all the info you need on this topic.

You can't beat the sale price MIdway is having for those at the moment. If you wanted to print some, you can do these. But they won't get the 380's out

Thanks just found it. I'm downloading files now

I just noticed that they loaded a smaller than 9 that can be used for 380

I just noticed that they loaded a smaller than 9 that can be used for 380
In that other thread @pastera indicated that the 3d printing isn’t fine enough to be able to catch the 9’s but not the 380s.

Which i have no reason to doubt, hence the metal plate being the best option for that. Or my goofball little thing to catch the 9mm “corto”

In that other thread @pastera indicated that the 3d printing isn’t fine enough to be able to catch the 9’s but not the 380s.

Which i have no reason to doubt, hence the metal plate being the best option for that. Or my goofball little thing to catch the 9mm “corto”
That plate is now on thingiverse

Printing the 9mm sorter now. 16 hours or so. See how she works before I print up the rest.
i can bring the ones i printed to the seminar and you can try them out if you want. I even printed the 40 in a different color. I think mine took 20 hours to print. PETG

I got a commercially made one in a lot and the only real benefit is that it is a bigger tray. Works about as well.

i can bring the ones i printed to the seminar and you can try them out if you want. I even printed the 40 in a different color. I think mine took 20 hours to print. PETG

I got a commercially made one in a lot and the only real benefit is that it is a bigger tray. Works about as well.
I printed the bottom of the one you posted. Top printing now. Will be done in a couple hours

Thank you. I’ll probably print all of them by then though. I haven’t been using my printer much so it’s nice to run it.

Thank you. I’ll probably print all of them by then though. I haven’t been using my printer much so it’s nice to run it.
No problem. The biggest issue was filing the 45 and 40 ones so that the smaller ones would fall through. If you have a better first layer than I got you may not have to do any filing. It was slightly tedious to file all of the slots.

Hmm. An automated sorter would be nice.

Below is 650 pieces of 308, a 100 in 187+gr weight and a 550 in 179-184gr, separated by stamp as well.

It took some time to sort.

2653CDCF-6020-4211-A1A2-2FF8152A2585.jpeg

45 sorter almost printed. About an hour faster estimate due to the larger slots. See 45 wins again!!
Maybe I should alter the Fotay file to 10mm so I don’t feel so Ghey
@Broc does that pass the test or not?
I’m printing the same set plus the 380 started this morning. Will be done in the morning. Ah the advantage of having 6 printers.

Attachments

• EB3372AF-16BB-4FC6-A0FD-BBBC36F608EF.jpeg
    EB3372AF-16BB-4FC6-A0FD-BBBC36F608EF.jpeg
    409.1 KB · Views: 15
3809mm
Bullet Diameter.355 in (9.0 mm)0.355 in (9.01 mm)
Neck Diameter.373 in (9.5 mm)0.380 in (9.65 mm)
Base Diameter.374 in (9.5 mm)0.391 in (9.93 mm)

It has a smaller diameter case...so guessing some extrusion is causing this. You may have just gotten lucky with how much the extrusion was off. The filing may not be able to be fine enough to not overfile it (If you know what I mean).

9mm: .394
380: .374
223: .378

A slot that's 0.385+/-0.005 should drop 380 and 223 but hold 9mm
I have to measure my print now. I did a quick test with the 45 and 9 mm plates. The 556 will not slide through. Even with a little pressure. I’ll take some measurements and try to re-print a few percent larger if need be

I’m also finding that I load too many different cartridges. My 45–70 my 45 colt my 44 magnum, my 44 special and my 44 Russian stay in the top with the 45 ACP. It still leaves me a fair deal of sorting. Someone needs to come up with a plate to yank some of those rimmed cartridges out.

Back
Top Bottom