Someone explain this to me please.

Lady at AIM says it's because it has a 12 round magazine. So...on top of a firearm being on the C&R list, us here in Mass have additional requirements that have to be met?

I went to another web site that list the same gun and no mention of shipping restrictions to Mass. One of them is wrong. I'd like to get to the bottom of this.

Post number 2 of this thread - "Everyone should get a C&R"

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104

says: "- C&R FFLs can thus purchase handguns that DEALER FFLs can NOT sell in MA! [Chapter 180 prohibited "Purveyors" of firearms from selling firearms that are untested, not on the List, etc. But since C&R FFLs are NOT Dealers ("purveyors") they are EXEMPT from this portion of the law.]". I'm assuming that means exception from high cap mags as well or am I wrong?

Lady at AIM says I need a Class A LTC...well duh we all know that...but I don't see why they would care. As long as they ship a 03C&R firearm to a 03C&R FFL then the burden is on me to show the state I am legally able to own that gun in the first place.

I don't get it.

Last edited:
I have a feeling it has something to do with the included 12 round mags.

If the mags are pre-ban (which it appears to be the case in the ad), and the buyer has a class A LTC, it shouldn't be a problem.

If they're still antsy about it, simplest solution is to ship the gun without the mags (there's a few online vendors that already do this).

Copied this from their website...
-MASSACHUSETTS CUSTOMERS: 01 FFL Dealers may purchase handguns that are on the MA approved for sale list, rifles without high capacity magazines. No C&R firearms sales. No high capacity magazine sales to anyone or dealer in MA. No Ammunition Sales.

AIM won't ship anything C&R to Mass.

Yup I see that but they specifically only mention no sales to Mass on the CZ-82. Whatever. Guess I won't be doing business with these guys. God this state sucks. The AG wins again - instilling fear in online retailers and making them adopt a "we don't give a shit about Mass" mentality. Can't say I blame them.

Yup I see that but they specifically only mention no sales to Mass on the CZ-82. Whatever. Guess I won't be doing business with these guys. God this state sucks. The AG wins again - instilling fear in online retailers and making them adopt a "we don't give a shit about Mass" mentality. Can't say I blame them.
Gotta love it. Vic nice to see your doing your homework on NES [smile]

Still wish someone could tell if if this was a business decision made by AIM or if there is some MGL/Reg in Mass that prevents someone from obtaining this specific firearm.

Reason I asked is I came across another dealer that won't ship this firearm to Mass.

Lady at AIM says it's because it has a 12 round magazine. So...on top of a firearm being on the C&R list, us here in Mass have additional requirements that have to be met?
Since according to their ad, the guns were produced from 82-92, this is no doubt the result of FUD (fear, uncertainty & doubt) spread by the Mass AG - these mags are all pre-ban, and thus, perfectly legal.
Still wish someone could tell if if this was a business decision made by AIM or if there is some MGL/Reg in Mass that prevents someone from obtaining this specific firearm.
Business decision by dealers to prevent any possible conflict with the Mass AG - there is no law that would stop an 03FFL from purchasing this gun from a dealer who knows what they're talking about.

You know I left the Milsurps shoot without picking up a calendar![crying] And I'm kicking myself for doing so.

August:

CZ82cal.jpg

What is this milsurp calendar of which you speak? I didn't go to the shoot because I don't have any milsurps yet, and I don't really need the encouragement to open my wallet this month. However, I'm intrigued by the idea of a calendar to tempt me all year long.

What is this milsurp calendar of which you speak? I didn't go to the shoot because I don't have any milsurps yet, and I don't really need the encouragement to open my wallet this month. However, I'm intrigued by the idea of a calendar to tempt me all year long.

Blindndead and Poisonposey were kind enough to print a calendar from some pictures I took and sent them via PMs here, and bought 50 of them to the shoot to hand out to NESrs.

You know I left the Milsurps shoot without picking up a calendar![crying] And I'm kicking myself for doing so.

WHAT???? Man what's wp with that???? I think I am comming into work this weekend I will print a few more out for you. I wil let you know when they are done and see if you want to meet up. When is your trip?

Last edited:
End of the month. Thanks for the offer Rob. Hell we only live 5 blocks away from each other. We can think of something.

Back
Top Bottom