Some bear scouting today

Tikka 308 fitted with a leupold vx5 firedot. I use this setup for all the critters I hunt, whitetail, muley, elk, antelope and bear. I won't shoot past 350 yards. My preference is to be under 250.

Very cool. Sounds like a great rifle for out there. Black bear? Brown bear? Either or?

Very cool. Sounds like a great rifle for out there. Black bear? Brown bear? Either or?

Black bear only for now. Grizzlies still protected in the lower 48. Hopefully that changes soon. Too many bad interactions lately it seems. But we have black, brown cinnamon and blonde black bears out here. I'm really going for the meat and the fat though. That fat is out of this world for cooking.

It is a wonderful rifle. Light, although my updated scope added some weight. But it's worth it now that I'm willing to shoot longer distances. And the gun is more accurate than I am. I love the 308 round. Gets the job done on everything and the recoil is nothing. I started putting in for the moose lottery this year. If I ever draw I will probably still use the 308.

Black bear only for now. Grizzlies still protected in the lower 48. Hopefully that changes soon. Too many bad interactions lately it seems. But we have black, brown cinnamon and blonde black bears out here. I'm really going for the meat and the fat though. That fat is out of this world for cooking.

It is a wonderful rifle. Light, although my updated scope added some weight. But it's worth it now that I'm willing to shoot longer distances. And the gun is more accurate than I am. I love the 308 round. Gets the job done on everything and the recoil is nothing. I started putting in for the moose lottery this year. If I ever draw I will probably still use the 308.

308 is a great round. And you can find it everywhere. Really great to reload too just for the number of bullet choices. I can’t shoot well enough to hunt at quite those distances, but if I could I would feel more than comfortable with a 308. Looks like you’re living the dream. Congrats.

Back
Top Bottom