• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some 2A related fun...

Golddiggie

NES Member
Been working on these for a little while now. I originally made the mount/adapter for the middle one out of steel. Tapping that was a bit harder than I wanted, so next try was with brass. MUCH easier to machine and tap the hole. Plus the first one had a little too much play for my liking. Made the one on the left next (thanks to Malodave for finding it) with the brass piece being longer. I made it longer since the mounting portion wasn't a full ring. Figured longer surface contact would make for a better mount. Both of those simply slip into position, and have no movement. Had to be sure to not machine/turn down too far where they would rest.

The one on the right is the second version of the mount too. First time I tried to braze the brass into place. For some reason I thought I should use filler rod. [rolleyes] After that failed (burned through some of the brass after it got too hot) I decided to try a slip-fit. After cutting the magazine tube down to remove my initial ****up, I was able to turn a new mount piece. Presses into position very nicely. Again, zero wiggle/slop on the fit. Advantage is that I can mount it to the faucet and then carefully rotate the tube for the correct orientation. The wood pump handle still slides up/down on it (sorry, no life-like action sounds made). The brass piece at the bottom is large enough to stop it from going past. That's pretty much the starting OD of that piece too. I just used some 600 grit paper to clean it up. Item was donated by Kaldone...

Here's the picture showing it all off... Fridge is right in the kitchen where I live...

2A_tap_handles_4_web2.jpg

ABV increases as the caliber the items were used on/with increases. Lowest in the middle (5.6%) then left for 6.2% before to the right at 8.8%. I think I need to get some more of the fittings that go onto the faucets to allow you to have vertical handles (otherwise, they angle back a bit). I have one in brass the other two are stainless.

Last edited:
How about compared with the fake AR15 tap handle that was posted about some time back?? At least two of mine could do some serious harm to you if you mishandle them... [rofl2]

I'd love to get my hands on an old 1911 slide to mount...

Last edited:
Have already had more than one person I've shown these to (either in person or picture) mention that I could sell these... Is there really a market for these?? If any NES member has something they'd like adapted into a tap handle, PM me.

I plan on converting the muzzle section of the shotgun barrel (that the pump came off of) into a tap handle soon. Just have a few other projects that are in front of that.

I have one 20mm dummy round I converted into a tap handle. I also have a couple 50 BMG tap handles. I suppose I could try and score some more bayonets and other gun parts to convert. I'd love to get my hands on a 1911 slide to convert. Looking for one that is not going back on a gun (for whatever reasons). Hell, I'd take almost any slide to convert. I don't think stocks would be a good item to convert. Although I'd be up for trying if someone has one to donate...

want an AK-47 bayonet sheath to mount?

you have to supply your own bayonet though..... THAT would be a dangerous handle ;)

i have a couple of these: (minus the strap and condom)

B1449-4.jpg

Last edited:
want an AK-47 bayonet sheath to mount?

you have to supply your own bayonet though..... THAT would be a dangerous handle ;)

I need to see one of those bayonets in person... Hard to tell from the pictures how I could mount it. It's either going to be a long piece to mount on the faucet, or I might need to get more creative...

If you want to donate the sheath (or more than one), I won't turn it down... No promises on when it will get used though. [rofl2]

Have already had more than one person I've shown these to (either in person or picture) mention that I could sell these... Is there really a market for these?? If any NES member has something they'd like adapted into a tap handle, PM me.

I plan on converting the muzzle section of the shotgun barrel (that the pump came off of) into a tap handle soon. Just have a few other projects that are in front of that.

I definitely think people would buy them, if I still had my kegerator I'd want one!

More to come over the following days... I have some shotgun barrel ends to make adapters for, plus another 12g pump shotgun magazine tube and handle to convert.

If someone wants one of these, or wants something converted into a tap handle, PM me.

ok just make sure it has no more than 1 evil feature...or else!!

You forget, I don't live within the PRM... I can have as many evil features as I want... I already have a flash hider to use on it. Might be worth it to get a gas block/sight with a bayonet lug on it too...

Back
Top Bottom