Soldier Suspended From HS (pocket knife in car)

Another case that zero tolerance = zero intelligence.

If I was his dad, I'd be so pissed at the school I wouldn't even be able to
see straight.

-Mike

that sucks...i always found it funny i couldn't carry my knife to school but i was allowed to handle and be around dangerous chemicals, fire, hospital grade scalples, and in one class model rocket engines.

hopefully this won't tarnish the way colleges will look at him

I would demand every auto in the parking lot be searched...when they found each car had a tire iron or a baseball bat, I would want the owner of each car suspended for having a weapon

I did some IT work for the nightschool attached to my HS. As part of that, I actually got an exemption from a teacher that allowed me to carry a leatherman around the school. I know at least one kids who attempted to snitch anyway, and was extraordinarily annoyed when he was (in essence) told to go suck an egg.

Interestingly, the kid who snitched was the sort of petty little bully who's always watching for a chance to report other people for breaking rules, and he became a traffic cop in later life.

I would demand every auto in the parking lot be searched...when they found each car had a tire iron or a baseball bat, I would want the owner of each car suspended for having a weapon

While they're at it, does the school have a baseball team?
How about Golf?
Soccer? (those cleats can do real damage)
Javelins etc?

How about the cars themselves?
I bet an up-and coming soldier could do pretty serious damage with a sharp pen or pencil...

Last edited:
He was ratted out. Endorsed by the Obama administration.

Zero Tolerence=Zero Common Sense

View attachment 6717

Exactly:
Matthew says school officials approached him on Sept. 21, asking if he had a weapon on him. When Matthew answered he did not, he says the officials asked if he had a knife in his car. Matthew said it was a pocket knife, and took officials to his car when asked. He also turned over the pocket knife when asked.

the kids grandfather is the C.O.P.?

I bet there are going to be an awful lot of traffic tickets given to people leaving the school in the afternoon who might be over the age of 19.

It makes me sick. All they had to do was tell him to leave it at home if they where so worried about a knife in a locked car out in the parking lot. I'm going to go vomit.

I want to punch the assfaces that made this stupid rule and kick the douchebags that enforced it in their balls, whatever is left of them. DISGUSTING.

Every time I hear of stories such as this I think of a quote from LtGen Chesty Puller.

"Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race."

Forgive my language, but this continued pussification of American needs to stop.

Pathetic

As a Scout Leader this just makes me want to puke. How has our society become so F'd up? I hope that heads roll on this one. Pathetic.

Even though a pocket knife is not considered a weapon under New York State penal code, the district also prohibits students from possessing anything "that reasonably can be considered a weapon."

The pocket knife is a tool. As are the people who took this stupid action. This kid is the kind of role model we want for other high school students.

Morons.

Rule #1: Do not consent to a search of your vehicle.

The school may or may not have had the right to search the car, however, he is in the situation now where his attorney will have to present an argument to convince the court it was not a consent search - and the court can sidestep the entire "right to search" issue by simply ruling he consented.

Rule #2: When asked to admit to violation of of a law or rule, don't.

Last edited:
If there were TRUE karmic justice, this kid would be driving along the road late at night and come upon a car on fire, on its roof. The kid, being an Eagle Scout and stand up guy, would of course stop to help. In the burning car would be the principal, unable to get out the window because his seat belt is stuck.

The principal sees the boy and screams "HELP!!! Cut the seat belt! PLEASE!" and the boy says "Let me grab my emergency bag from my car! It has a knife in it! ..... oh..... never mind.... I'm not allowed to carry that anymore, sorry, can't help. I'll dial 911! Good luck!"

My mind is cooling even now as I imagine the principal in flames.

Rule #1: Do not consent to a search of your vehicle.

The school may or may not have had the right to search the car, however, he is in the situation now where his attorney will have to present an argument to convince the court it was not a consent search - and the court can sidestep the entire "right to search" issue by simply ruling he consented.

Rule #2: When asked to admit to violation of of a law or rule, don't.

School grounds. It would have been tough and he still would have gotten his suspension.

School grounds. It would have been tough and he still would have gotten his suspension.
But he *may* have had the basis for a legal case against the school for a search, depending on state law and precedent. There is no chance of any of that if the courts hold he consented. His attorney is already asserting that "feeling he did not have a choice" may be part of their case - if he made it clear he was refusing, they could bypass the step of spending billable hours trying to convince the court it was not a consent search.l

Yet another reason why my kids go to private schools.

For those that want to voice their displeasure about this idiocy:

Angelina Bergin
Lansingburgh High School
Principal
518-233-6806

George Goodwin
Superintendent, District Office
518-233-6850

Yet another reason why my kids go to private schools.

Mine too. Even though my wife works in the public school system, neither one of us would let our kids go to public high school. It is due to the attitude's displayed such as this. We took this approach years ago, when our son was suspended for fighting in middle school. He never threw a punch and tried to avoid fighting all together. He turned his back to the other kid, got punched once on the back of his head, had a hematoma to prove it and all witnesses confirmed he never fought the kid, yet his punishment was the same.

Don't forget, the school systems are LOADED with libtards.

Back
Top Bottom