So if I buy an AR...

For my Girlfriend on Her Birthday that is a bad thing?

From pipmaster1971's thread

Originally Posted by Blitz1
Now you can get her what you want for her Birthday, Anniversary, Christmas etc.
Well Done!!

MrsWildweasel
Ummmm that doesn't necessarily work. [laugh]

So you think this is a bad idea?

How about an AK instead? [smile][wink]

Really I want some female input here. AR or AK?

Last edited:
my dad bought my mom a table-saw for their first anniversary... then he wouldn't let her use it 'cause he thought she was going to get hurt. He's such a pain in the ass [laugh].

I wouldn't buy your girlfriend an AR unless she wants one.

Damn I'd be THRILLED if my hubby bought me ANYTHING gun-related. [smile] But he's not happy with my interest in firearms, he merely tolerates it [smile]

And that's some female input right there, that and $2 will get you a cup of coffee [smile]

my dad bought my mom a table-saw for their first anniversary... then he wouldn't let her use it 'cause he thought she was going to get hurt. He's such a pain in the ass [laugh].

I wouldn't buy your girlfriend an AR unless she wants one.

I think an AK would be better for her, She's not one for keeping things clean.

Is your GF a gunperson or does she just shoot with you periodically?

Unless she is a self described gun-nut too, this "gift" will go over almost as bad as a vacuum or blender, even if she is licensed. Unless she is jonesing about an AR or an AK, don't do it- otherwise it'll be viewed as a placeholder for something she -really- wanted instead, and she'll think "Well, this is nice, but it's not what I really wanted... " A lot of women I know are especially sensitive about their birthdays. Bottom line is if she doesn't get "excited" about seeing things like the Larue Tactical webpage, then stick to more
conventional gifts, at least on her birthday.

-Mike

My first gun was a birthday present.. He took me to the shop, and said "Pick what you want" I was looking for a pistol, so I bought a M&P... I loved that, and I would marry him again if he bought me an AR for my birthday... [smile]
I say go for it...

wow all you gals that shoot where are you i am single you guys that have wives and gals that like to shoot and firearms thank your lucky stars buy a gap rifle.

If you really cared for this woman you'd buy her BOTH and would be posting pictures of what you BOUGHT her. Now get on the stick and get get on the phone and find a shop that has what you want.[laugh2]

Back
Top Bottom