So I think I've settled the temporary vs permanent wound cavity debate.

garandthumb has been getting a little silly lately. I miss the older format.
It's the huge new expanse of land and the freedom of time. When he had constraints, it was more focused. I think he is feeling his way right now. Granted I'll stick up for him and am partial. [thumbsup]

It's the huge new expanse of land and the freedom of time. When he had constraints, it was more focused. I think he is feeling his way right now. Granted I'll stick up for him and am partial. [thumbsup]
I was hoping he'd branch the silly stuff onto a second sister channel (or keep the more serious reviews on a 2nd channel).

I still like him and he does make quality content. But I don't watch a lot of the silly gun stuff online and his channel is clearly starting to change into that and I'm starting to get bummed. There's already enough of that on youtube.

I was hoping he'd branch the silly stuff onto a second sister channel (or keep the more serious reviews on a 2nd channel).

I still like him and he does make quality content. But I don't watch a lot of the silly gun stuff online and his channel is clearly starting to change into that and I'm starting to get bummed. There's already enough of that on youtube.

He's at a point that he's gaining followers who might not even be gun owners, so the content is transitioning from a more strict knowledge base type of video to a more general entertainment type. Call of Duty players, airsoft larpers, sci-fi fanboys, people who just like seeing crazy sh*t explode.....these are now genuine factors in content direction when you crest a certain figure in viewership.

How many reviews can you do?

Does anyone review the absolute cheapest guns you can buy? It may be short lived....literally, but is there really a difference between a SnW 9mm and a Glock 9mm other than ergonomics?

Does anyone review the absolute cheapest guns you can buy? It may be short lived....literally, but is there really a difference between a SnW 9mm and a Glock 9mm other than ergonomics?

If there is, unless you have a sponsor for ammo, you aren't going to make videos actually testing them to when you start finding them.

I don't necessarily mean the tank thing. I mean him adding his crew into the show as characters, etc.

I don't blame him, though. The new format is getting a lot of clicks.

Backfire, has some nice reviews including some super cheap guns (it includes a 10mm HiPploint).

But it isn't a real "review" it is more of an opinion.

The key is making them entertaining enough to not lose the viewers, while at the same time trying to do something different and keeping them short.

Videos where the first 5 minutes are wasted showing me how the gun is packed, I pass. Same with 2 minute videos showing the guy shoot at a target and showing a 3 shot group without discussing anything, hard pass.

Back
Top Bottom