So I got my Dillon 550 today

I woke up early and decided that today would be a great day for a field trip to Northshore Firearms. I promptly called in sick [smile], jumped in the shower and left the house around 9:00. Middleton is a haul for me (almost 1.5 hours) but I had already been there once and knew that they had the stuff and expertise I would need seeing that I am completely new to reloading. I got there around 10:30 and was one of only two customers. Dick, the gentleman I talked with last weekend was there and he and another person answered all my questions and helped me get the setup I was looking for.

I will admit that I went a bit overboard. Instead of just getting set up to reload .45 I also got all the parts to reload .40. I primarily shoot those two calibers so why wait. [grin] I also bought a quick change kit so that I wouldn't have to reconfigure everything when changing calibers. While there, Dick also hooked me up with bullets, primers and powder.

I got home and my wife saw all the boxes and her jaw hit the floor. Naturally, her next question was "How much?". My answer was "$50". [smile] She knows better than to ask me that.

Anyway, now I have to do some serious rearranging in the basement to make room for my newest hobby.

I would like to thank everyone who helped me with my pre-purchase questions.

Last edited:
you should have taken up crack......it would have been cheaper.[wink]

Seriously, you will love the Dillon. you can crank out a bunch of ammo in a hurry. I love mine, i use it for 9mm, 45 auto and 223 for my ar's.

Congrats! You'll love this little honey. I reload 9mm, .44 mag, .45 acp, and .223. Soon to add .38/.357 and .308. When you get on a roll you can push out about 100 rounds in 20 min's.

Wait a minute, they had primers??? I hope you bought a lot.

Good luck with the press, you can't go wrong with a Dillon.

-Cuz.

Congrats on the new press.
ry%3D400

Rusty[grin]

You will be satisfied with the Dillon. I have had mine for close to 20 years and had it rebuilt three years ago. Customer service is outstanding! Watch out for static electricity in the powder measure, you can use a dryer sheet to get rid of it. Good luck!
Bob

Back
Top Bottom