So! Could you really do it? Would you do it?

I would be I interested to know how do they make the $12k per year? Also, who pays the bill if they need to be saved by the coastguard helicopter as they said. I like these stories except if I find out they are mooching off the system.
Alaska has a reverse income tax. Something to do with the oil.

No idea if it covers that, but from what I remember watching Northern Exposure, it probably does.

Nope. I have no intention of ever being in that remote of an area again. Years of 3 hour round trips to Walmart broke me of that. I don't like buying stuff on the internet, I like to see it and feel it. Even a town of 800ish people got annoying at times. Same turds all the time, you can't get away from them. The good people were very good though.

I would be I interested to know how do they make the $12k per year? Also, who pays the bill if they need to be saved by the coastguard helicopter as they said. I like these stories except if I find out they are mooching off the system.

I think they may be wealthy to begin with. Theres no way he could make 12k a year living out there.

Personally I could live like they do easily but not so far away from civilization. Just far enough away not to be visited or bothered by anyone if I didn't feel like it. The off the grid, getting away from flaming non stop consumerism, running around like squirrels on crack cocaine and the worries that come with it appeal to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom