Smith @ Wesson M908S

I was looking for another carry piece and went to Four Seasons to pick up a P239. While there, I was introduced to a S & W M908S. It was much lighter than the 239 and a little slimmer. Does anyone have any experience with this firearm?

The 908S is a low cost version of the 3913 I think. It does not offer an ambidextrous decocker/safety and also lacks the accessory rail of the TSW3913. Otherwise the models are almost identical. Smith and Wesson third generation semi-auto pistols are , in my opinion, too often overlooked in favor of the "sexier" Glock and Sig models. The S&W models are quite reliable and offer good, if not exceptional accuracy. I carry a 6906, the discontinued, double-stack, 12 shot version of this compact pistol, and I have never had a problem with it. The 3913 and the Sig 239 are very similar in size. I suggest you select the one that feels best in your hand. Also consider holster options if you intend to carry. FS is very accommodating to set you up with pistol/holster package that works for you. In any event, you can not go wrong with either pistol, just stay safe, and practice a lot. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Chris

I have a 908 (regular) that I use for carry and IPSC- a very nice gun, but I found the frontstrap a bit slippery- a bit of moleskin or skateboard tape (whatever you prefer) fixes this up well. It's a nice, lightweight firearm that offers versatility as well, and is backed up by SW's warranty, just in case.
I got my 908 at FS as well, following a reccomendation by the staff.

Martlet said:
I was looking for another carry piece and went to Four Seasons to pick up a P239. While there, I was introduced to a S & W M908S. It was much lighter than the 239 and a little slimmer. Does anyone have any experience with this firearm?

Hi, What did you choose?
I have a pre-TSW 3913. Easily concealable, smooth operation.

NEtracker said:
Hi, What did you choose?
I have a pre-TSW 3913. Easily concealable, smooth operation.

I ended up getting the 908S. I've only put 100 or so rounds through it so far, but I love it. It's just a really comfortable carry piece. I need to find a great holster for it now. I'm hoping to pick one up in Marlboro this weekend.

Martlet,

50-50 chance that Lance Walton, Walton's Gun Supply won't be there. He also usually does the NH shows and since he's in NH, it's anyone's guess which show he'll be at.

Back
Top Bottom