• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smith and Wesson 4506

anyone have one of these?

I know they're out of production and as heavy as a 1911, but I really like the SA/DA trigger.

nice.

im still researching a full size carry gun. Im a nerd like that and I take my time. I've been coming across this one a lot as an alternative to the 1911-call me a wuss, cocked and locked just creeps me out. I think IM going to have to shoot one and see if it's what I want.

I have the stainless model - Like new then and now
I think it was a turn in from one of the Boston Police Dept Stamped "BPD-XX-XXXX"
Not a carry gun but rock solid and never fails to pop with any ammo fed

wow.

shot one of these yesterday....

why the hell had I never known of one of these before?? It has all the features of the 1911 that I love except it shoots everything....including shit.

Blazer. Hornady. Wolf. WWB. Some other shit with Russian writing....reloads that were made by a moron.....not a hiccup.

While not an ideal carry gun, I LOVED it and will likely make it a carry gun the second I can afford it. I liken it to a Beretta 92 design, without the Beretta 92 problems...and its a .45.....whats not to like?

OK gushing fanboy mode off.

Yeah, I do, and no it is not for sale. I am looking for a 4006 as well (Not alloy frame model)

In the market for a 1006? I know someone who has one that might be for sale, PM me if you are I don't want to clutter up the thread.

Back on topic, the 1006 shoots pretty nice, I assume the actions are about the same so the 4506 would probably be a nice pistol.

I have a 1006, 1066 and 4566. Love them all. The 4566 is a rare black melonite model. As noted above, they eat everything. The midsize models with intermediate bbl lengths are a nice size.

I have a 1006, 1066 and 4566. Love them all. The 4566 is a rare black melonite model. As noted above, they eat everything. The midsize models with intermediate bbl lengths are a nice size.

I too have a black melonite stainless 4566. I heard they were made specifically for a NE Marine Patrol, but did not realize it was "rare". Even though it is very heavy I still carry it regularly. It has never malfunctioned ever, and it will cycle anything I have ever stuffed into the mags. One of my personal favorites.

wow.

shot one of these yesterday....

why the hell had I never known of one of these before?? It has all the features of the 1911 that I love except it shoots everything....including shit.

Blazer. Hornady. Wolf. WWB. Some other shit with Russian writing....reloads that were made by a moron.....not a hiccup.

While not an ideal carry gun, I LOVED it and will likely make it a carry gun the second I can afford it. I liken it to a Beretta 92 design, without the Beretta 92 problems...and its a .45.....whats not to like?

OK gushing fanboy mode off.
All the S&W 06 models are great. There used to be a real nice supply of LEO turn ins at reasonable prices. I'm sure too many of them are safe queens now.
So, what problems does the Beretta 92 have? I've never had any issues with mine.

Back
Top Bottom