• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smash and grab at a gun store

Maxrobot

NES Member
Haven't I heard this before?
"Police say the suspects purposely crashed a Hyundai sedan into the door of the business to gain entry inside. Once inside, they stole firearms and ammunition before driving off in a second vehicle."
This time in Maryland. Steal a car, use it as a battering ram, then abandon it.

Because of all the people with dementia who still drive many businesses have installed cement barriers, places like Walmart, Target, and D&D. Shouldn't gun shops be doing the same thing? Either that or buy a gun shop next to a Dunkin Donuts, you can always find a cop there. Back when I used to work nights, I'd go to Dough Boy Donuts, and believe it or not there were more cops in there than there were employees and customers combined. That was one place I always felt safe. [mg]

many businesses have installed cement barriers, places like Walmart, Target, and D&D.

Trivia - The large cement/steel posts in front of and around buildings are called Bollards. I learned that when I had to get certified in Security when I worked at a startup. It was in the section on physical security.

F Bollards. Bollux the Bollards! How about that car battery machine gun that Walter White put together? Let's do that instead.

I'm a bit fed up with "well, the gun shop is in trouble because someone drove a Mack truck into it and stole stuff." F that. At some point, you're not going to be able to thwart your barely-smarter-than-average criminal. I'm betting most gun shops are running on a razor thin margin as it is. Now they gotta install 8' reinforced concrete poles 4' deep into the ground to stop people from driving a car into them? Nah.

Amateurs. The should have used the backhoe like recently used to try and grab and ATM from a convenience store.

Although, I imagine backhoe they stole was worth more than the amount of cash they would have gotten from the ATM even if they were successful.

F Bollards. Bollux the Bollards! How about that car battery machine gun that Walter White put together? Let's do that instead.

I'm a bit fed up with "well, the gun shop is in trouble because someone drove a Mack truck into it and stole stuff." F that. At some point, you're not going to be able to thwart your barely-smarter-than-average criminal. I'm betting most gun shops are running on a razor thin margin as it is. Now they gotta install 8' reinforced concrete poles 4' deep into the ground to stop people from driving a car into them? Nah.
Or dig a moat.

Back
Top Bottom