Smallest, Mass approved mouse gun?

Seecamp .32

edit--
Damn it!
Beat me to it by literally seconds!! [smile]

Had one and never felt well protected with it. Its also very heavy, given its size. Traded for a pm9 and never looked back.

Thank you, and I am fully aware of "the list". Was looking for suggestions, as I am not familiar with every handgun on it.

Checked out the Seecamp. Definitely a nice gun. I like the .32acp over the .25 too. I'm not overly worried about the smaller round, as it would be a backup for my .38spl. And for "back up", I mostly mean "reason to buy another gun"

Seecamp also makes a 380, but I've never seen one in MA.

Thank you, and I am fully aware of "the list". Was looking for suggestions, as I am not familiar with every handgun on it.

Checked out the Seecamp. Definitely a nice gun. I like the .32acp over the .25 too. I'm not overly worried about the smaller round, as it would be a backup for my .38spl. And for "back up", I mostly mean "reason to buy another gun"
What gun is your .38spl a backup for? [laugh] But seriously, for what it's worth, I had nothing but problems with my Seecamp.

My seecamp was ammo picky. It liked silver tips, which are very pricey. I sold it and got a kel tec p32. The p32 will eat most any 32 a.c.p. Ammo. The p32 is very, very light compared to the seecamp. Makes a great New York reload. It also has a 9+1 potential capacity.
The kel tec is not on the list, (which, for some reason, made me want it more)

The Seecamp also has the worst manual of arms on the planet. If you do not read the manual, you -WILL- damage/break the gun. It is finely crafted but it is very finicky. Also requires a death grip to function properly. .. if your hand doesn't hurt while gripping it, you're probably not gripping it firmly enough.

I've had two Seecamps. The design is a pretty cool example of how to make as tiny as a gun as possible at all costs. They've always had a VERY hand made aspect to them and depending on the day they're made it can get into sketchy Khyber Pass territory. Also, as nice as the guys are who bought the company last year, I'm not sure they've figured out how to crank these things out in quantity. The Seecamp forum has photos of warped slides and rifling that looks like it was done with a lemon zester.

It's heavy and it only fires hollowpoints--specific hollowpoints. Each year they update their list as to what works in the gun--"OK, now that it's 2015 you need to stop using Silver Tips and switch to Gold Dots because the case length changed .002."

Something like a P32 or an LCP doesn't have the same "this is a GUN made of METAL" charm but they're lighter and more widely supported.

Last edited:

How-About-No-01.jpg

Diamondback 380 great cheap 380 IMO...crap! It's not on the list! Neither is a Kahr p380. Those are my carry pistols!

Last edited:
I have an older Seecamp that has never failed to function and is minute-of-belly accurate.
Also very lethal. I've killed many an afternoon shooting cheap paper with expensive ammo.

I know a guy who works down at fts guns in new before has a few minis that I think he is personally selling (not through the ffl so the list dosnt matter)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have a bunch of mouse guns. My favorite for ankle carry is the Ruger LCP. Great little gun that eats everything I've fed it. Hard to find in MA sometimes but would make a great BUG.

In the end all that matters is you got something that works for you...

Thanks everyone. I ended up picking up a Seecamp. Just wasn't for me. Ended up with a Sig Sauer p238

i have both the 238 and the LCP Custom. 238 is an awesome little gun - accurate, great trigger, night sights are stock, but a little bulky for a 'mouse gun' IMHO. The LCP Custom disappears in a pocket but I've had a couple FTFs [prob operator failure] in the 300 or so rounds I've put thru it. I polished up a couple of the internals w/ the help of a YouTube vid or two. I'm sure it'll improve [and so will I] as it gets more use at the range. Its pretty accurate too [up tp 7 yes or so].

Back
Top Bottom