• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Small number of volunteers needed for boot wear test

OCB

I am looking for some volunteers to help with some testing I'm doing with boots. We are evaluating the traction of a number of different outsole compounds on two models of hunting boots and one 'light hiking' boot, and would like to get some feedback from outside users. The particulars are:

- We only have boots in size 8 and 11, so we need volunteers in one of those sizes

- We would meet a a trail, and you would go for a short hike (~10 minutes) in a total of 15 different combinations of boots. We commonly use trails at Mt. Wachusett and Willard Brook State Park (Townsend), but can be flexible. Mt. Wachusett is about as far West as I'd like to go, though.

- After each run I will ask for your feedback on the boots. Feedback will be videotaped - the video is used because it is faster than having you write comments down, and we have found that people will give more feedback if they don't have to write. The videos will not be seen by anyone outside my group (a total of 4 people), and won't be used for any other purpose, etc.

- Time commitment will probably be around 3 hours.

- We like to schedule trials the day after it has rained - we have found that wet surfaces are the best for highlighting differences in traction performance. If we don't see rain in the forecast for a while, we will do the best we can.

- Volunteers will be compensated with a $100 Visa gift card.

If you have general questions, feel free to ask in the thread. PM me if you want to volunteer.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom