• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Small battery storage box at Harbor Freight

A lot of alkaline batteries. How long to they last?

It all depends on my use. I have several LED flashlights, some I change the batteries every few days. I buy them a half dozen packs at a time when they're on sale. It works out to pennies a day to have good batteries in all the lights.

If the plastic wrapped ones are HF brand like I think.....about 27 minutes per set.

That's fine for what I use them for ( the Quantum penlight size flashlight). I keep one in the pockets of my jackets for intermittent use when walking around outside at night with the dogs and as a bedside light.
Unlike rechargeables, they at least give a dimness warning before cutting off completely. That is why I dislike using rechargeables in flashlights.....they quit with no warning.

Unlike rechargeables, they at least give a dimness warning before cutting off completely. That is why I dislike using rechargeables in flashlights.....they quit with no warning.

Most of the newer managed output lights I have stay same brightness until the just don't work regardless of battery. I mostly use them for the dimmer pathfinding/reading tasks and have a Surefire in case I really need light.

Most of the newer managed output lights I have stay same brightness until the just don't work regardless of battery. I mostly use them for the dimmer pathfinding/reading tasks and have a Surefire in case I really need light.

That's my point......your lights stay the same brightness then quit......that sucks and its the reason I only use alkaline cells in lights.
Alkaline cell's voltage and current output ramps down slowly giving you an advanced warning that they are failing so you can change them before you are plunged into darkness.....especially if you don't have a change of batteries on your person and have to navigate somewhere to get them. A rural country road is awful dark.😊

Back
Top Bottom