• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SKS Accuracy

Kar98 Sniper

Banned
When I went to shoot my SKS for the first time, I noticed my group was slightly high and to the right.

Since I've never shot an SKS before, I'm not sure if it's just my technique or if the rifle is in need of sight adjusting.

I've heard there is some sort of sight adjustment tool, but I don't think I have one.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, maybe I just need to practice more. I seriously want my SKS to be as accurate on the iron sights as possible.

Any tips? Are any of you SKS experts? Could someone maybe help a guy ensure that an SKS is accurate as can be expected?

The sight adjuster that is listed for both AK and SKS rifles is hard to fit on some SKS front sights. Its shown in pic. 2a in the link below.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/sks/sights/hs.asp

Its better to use a sight pusher to ease the sight in the direction you want, but you can use the tool kit that fits in the butt stock to do anything on the SKS rifle. That little tube was all a soldier needed when sent into battle.

I don't mind offering help with SKS carbines, but I suggest reading all the links on surplusrifle.com when it comes to the SKS. Those articles will give you answers to questions you didn't even know you had yet.[wink]

As for accuracy, I have a rack full of SKSs and my most accurate ones are the Yugo 59/66 ones and Code 26 Chinese ones.

Back
Top Bottom