• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sinterfire 9mm load data

So I picked up some Sinterfire 90 grain RHVF bullets and i've found the load data to be lacking. I contacted Sinterfire and their load data is pretty lacking as well (only a few powders and no COL listed). Anyone here load this bullet? With help from another member here I was able to get a good starting load with 7.4 grains of HS-6 with 1.100" COL but this was just some educated guesswork. I started with 6.8 grains of HS-6 but was getting failures with a Glock 17 & a 16" 9mm AR-15.

Thoughts?

It appears that 7.4 grains isn't lacking. I need to load up a bunch of them and see how 50 or 100 rounds goes. I also need to find a chrony and see what type of velocity i'm seeing with the 7.4.

I might be able to dig one up. Let me check, and, maybe we can hit the range after class this week or next?

Yeah that'd be great if you've got one hanging around. I'm going to load up at least 50 of the 90gr frangibles with 7.4 grains of powder so I can get some better test data. I'll probably load up 10 or so closer to 8 grains just for giggles.

I load these in 9MM and 357SIG My 9MM load is 5.0gr of Tite group with OAL of 1.140 They feed in anything pistol and AR. Be real careful with crimp. Too much and the bullets snap off. Just take the bell out.

Titegroup was the recommended powder on the web site when Sinterfire had data posted. I have the data somewhere that I printed off their site. When I get a chance I will dig it out and send it to you.

I have used these bullets for three years plus I load them in 45

From my Sinterfire data dated 2005

9MM 90gr OAL 1.120 Win 231 5.7gr 1382 fps average
Titegroup 4.8gr 1370 fps average

This is the data that Sinterfire had on their web site at that time.

Check the burn rate chart to see the difference in these powders over HS6 It is much slower than even 231.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom