• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Singletary Rod & Gun Club Oxford, Mass

Hello ALL!

The next Singletary Rod and Gun Club, Pistol Shoot is this Sunday, DEC. 3rd. Registration opens at 8:30 AM, shooting starts at 9:00 AM. Address: 300 Sutton Ave, Oxford, MA 01540.

This shoot will include a 22 rimfire handgun competition followed by a centerfire handgun competition. (44 magnum max caliber).
$5.00 for each game.

Rimfire - 6-12 steel plates at 25 yards. 10-20 shots to knock down as many plates as you can. (Number of shots and Plates will be decided the morning of. Come early to cast your vote for the day!). You versus one other person, most plates the quickest wins! Winner takes a "W". At the end of 5 rounds, the person with the most W's wins! Shoot offs are used to settle ties! 120 rounds minimum round count.

Centerfire - 6-8 steel plates at 25 yards. 6-10 shots to knock down as many as you can. (Number of shots and Plates will be decided the morning of. Come early to cast your vote for the day!). You versus one other person, most plates the quickest wins! Winner takes a "W". At the end of 5 rounds, the person with the most W's wins! Shoot offs are used to settle ties! 50 rounds minimum round count.

*** Special Note: This will be a TEAM event. Partners would change each round. Round count still applies. ***

OPTICS are allowed and encouraged!

Hope to see you all there!

I was surprised there wasn't already thread for SRGC.
Anyhow the website is www.singletaryrodandgun.com
Anyone going to Field Day?
New to NES finally have time to join a local club, any suggestions I live close to Singletary (Camile road, Webster) a LTC for 40 years, former USMC, Boston area paramedic for 20 years and retired Boston Housing authority (32 years) and now a auctioneer and FFL and would like to join singletary. Looking for help joining club any suggestions. My cell is 508-331-8423 or reply best of health. Thx Ken.

Hello ALL!

The next Singletary Rod and Gun Club, Pistol Shoot is this Sunday, DEC. 3rd. Registration opens at 8:30 AM, shooting starts at 9:00 AM. Address: 300 Sutton Ave, Oxford, MA 01540.

This shoot will include a 22 rimfire handgun competition followed by a centerfire handgun competition. (44 magnum max caliber).
$5.00 for each game.

Rimfire - 6-12 steel plates at 25 yards. 10-20 shots to knock down as many plates as you can. (Number of shots and Plates will be decided the morning of. Come early to cast your vote for the day!). You versus one other person, most plates the quickest wins! Winner takes a "W". At the end of 5 rounds, the person with the most W's wins! Shoot offs are used to settle ties! 120 rounds minimum round count.

Centerfire - 6-8 steel plates at 25 yards. 6-10 shots to knock down as many as you can. (Number of shots and Plates will be decided the morning of. Come early to cast your vote for the day!). You versus one other person, most plates the quickest wins! Winner takes a "W". At the end of 5 rounds, the person with the most W's wins! Shoot offs are used to settle ties! 50 rounds minimum round count.

*** Special Note: This will be a TEAM event. Partners would change each round. Round count still applies. ***

New to NES finally have time to join a local club, any suggestions I live close to Singletary (Camile road, Webster) a LTC for 40 years, former USMC, Boston area paramedic for 20 years and retired Boston Housing authority (32 years) and now a auctioneer and FFL and would like to join singletary. Looking for help joining club any suggestions. My cell is 508-331-8423 or reply best of health. Thx Ken.

Sorry not use to posting will get better, Looking to join Singletary here is a bio clean record worked toooo much my entire life so now would like a club to join help out and target shoot which is a passion. New to NES finally have time to join a local club, any suggestions I live close to Singletary (Camile road, Webster) a LTC for 40 years, former USMC, Boston area paramedic for 20 years and retired Boston Housing authority (32 years) and now a auctioneer and FFL and would like to join singletary. Looking for help joining club any suggestions. My cell is 508-331-8423 or reply best of health. Thx Ken.

Sorry not use to posting will get better, Looking to join Singletary here is a bio clean record worked toooo much my entire life so now would like a club to join help out and target shoot which is a passion. New to NES finally have time to join a local club, any suggestions I live close to Singletary (Camile road, Webster) a LTC for 40 years, former USMC, Boston area paramedic for 20 years and retired Boston Housing authority (32 years) and now a auctioneer and FFL and would like to join singletary. Looking for help joining club any suggestions. My cell is 508-331-8423 or reply best of health. Thx Ken.
I can sponsor you, we are also having a shoot this sunday am @830. Rimfire and then centerfire. Good place to meet up of you can?

Rimfire and centerfire pistol shoot again Sunday. Registration starts at 830, 9 shooting starts. Expect 70-100 rounds minimum depending on layout. $5 per division

I was able to go to the pistol shoot this last Sunday and had an absolute blast. The people there were very welcoming and super kind. It's awesome that they hold a pistol shoot every week. I highly recommend going if you have the time!

I was able to go to the pistol shoot this last Sunday and had an absolute blast. The people there were very welcoming and super kind. It's awesome that they hold a pistol shoot every week. I highly recommend going if you have the time!
What exactly is a “pistol shoot”? I’m thinking that’s what I was doing today while at the range for 3 hours — by myself.

What exactly is a “pistol shoot”? I’m thinking that’s what I was doing today while at the range for 3 hours — by myself.
It's this but it was head to head instead of a team event. It was my first "competitive" shooting event so I was just happy to knock some targets down but the head to head aspect makes things more interesting.
Hello ALL!

$5.00 for each game.

It’s at best, every other week and Sunday’s shoot was fun. Good to see new shooters. Next one is on the 25th.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom