Single point sling question

Single point better for home defense gun? Two for everything else?

i would think so, a lot of the reasoning behind people trashing the single point and going for the 2 point are insignificant imho.

1) "it bangs into my legs when i walk" - why are you not holding your rifle?
2) "its easier to carry in a 2 point" - why are you not holding your rifle?
3) "it makes transitioning to my pistol suck" - why the **** are you not holding your rifle and transitioning to a pistol when you have a rifle strapped to you?

gripes with a 2 point make more sense to me at first glance:

1) gets in the way of reloads
2) potentially makes getting your rifle into your work space harder
3) makes transitioning from left to right or vice versa shoulder more complicated

that said i usually run a 2 point like i said earlier lol

Last edited:
I have been thinking 1 point for my intended HD gun and two point for range/plinking/roadtrip trunk gun.

I have the magpul ms4 and I love it. Can change it from one or two points easily with the qd mounts.

I have the magpul ms4 and I love it. Can change it from one or two points easily with the qd mounts.

How about the adjusting loop? I had an ms3 and hated it because the loop was far behind your back and it was really stiff when you tried adjusting it. I dont know if the 4 is better.

It adjusts pretty easily. I never had the ms3 so I can't compare it but I've had no issues adjusting it. I will check where the loop is located, I can't remember how far behind the back it is.

i would think so, a lot of the reasoning behind people trashing the single point and going for the 2 point are insignificant imho.

1) "it bangs into my legs when i walk" - why are you not holding your rifle?
2) "its easier to carry in a 2 point" - why are you not holding your rifle?
3) "it makes transitioning to my pistol suck" - why the **** are you not holding your rifle and transitioning to a pistol when you have a rifle strapped to you?

gripes with a 2 point make more sense to me at first glance:

1) gets in the way of reloads
2) potentially makes getting your rifle into your work space harder
3) makes transitioning from left to right or vice versa shoulder more complicated

that said i usually run a 2 point like i said earlier lol

Ali,

You aren't making any sense. If you are holding your rifle you don't need a sling.

When a rifle is on a 2 pt sling, it is secured. When its on a 1 pt sling, its dangling.

Have you ever done any drills with either or both?

You are not holding your rifle because you have to use your hands for something else.
Again, I'll stress, I'm a dad/husband/IT guy, but I know enough that if I need my hands, I want the rifle held close enough to me that I can move without it just dangling in front of me.

With the VTAC sling, a quick cinch and its in tight. A quick tug of the release tab and it is loose enough to punch out and switch to my weak side.

This works for me. AR-10 with Giles sling & GG&G hardware. I can sling it below my weak arm, muzzle down, or on my back, muzzle up. It's attached to my body solidly enough that I have complete muzzle control even when using my hands for other things.

Attachments

• DSCF2055.jpg
    DSCF2055.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF2054.jpg
    DSCF2054.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF2053.jpg
    DSCF2053.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back