Silver City Firearms

MX338

NES Member
Just wanted to do a review for silver city. They ran a group buy for high point rifles and never delivered the rifles. 40 people ordered rifles and they only delivered 17 of them. It has been since 2/28/2013 since they were ordered. the owner has now not renewed his membership and has not returned numerous phone calls. I have written letters to him as well all have been unresponsive. Buyer beware!

He also likes to log in under his dealer account, but not his other account. If he can log in, he can respond to his own shit show. Oh, I mean group buy.

Were the other 23 rifles paid for in full? Place isn't far from my house glad I haven't done much business.

All were paid in full in advance. he claims the business has nothing to do with this but the payments were all paid to silver city.

Sounds like the days when everyone had to have a KSG or a PMR, and threw money at the dealer thinking they were some sort of wizard who could make them appear.

These guns have to go through multiple sources before they ever reach the dealer, they are allocated by distributors who send them to their favorite customers first. The Manufacturers allocate them to their favorite distributors who hock their undesireables the best.

Waiting a year for a gun is not unheard of (except maybe a hi-point????)

But if the dealer says he is still waiting for them, it's probably true. He just hasn't sent enough coffee and donuts to his main distributors. I doubt he is trying to screw anyone. Just go get your money back from him.

not sure if its Jamie or bacon boy who posted this, but either way time is up, and hopefully he starts feeling the pain from Small claims.......on a side note, what has to happen for Jamie to get banned from NES?

Last edited:
Sounds like the days when everyone had to have a KSG or a PMR, and threw money at the dealer thinking they were some sort of wizard who could make them appear.

These guns have to go through multiple sources before they ever reach the dealer, they are allocated by distributors who send them to their favorite customers first. The Manufacturers allocate them to their favorite distributors who hock their undesireables the best.

But if the dealer says he is still waiting for them, it's probably true. He just hasn't sent enough coffee and donuts to his main distributors. I doubt he is trying to screw anyone. Just go get your money back from him.

It has been well over a year? Also, I see these rifles in gun shops all over MA, so he should have at least a trickle coming in, which would be better than the none that have been forthcoming. For whatever its worth, I'm not even in on this buy, just seems like the guys who were got screwed over.

FYI.. it was a year on 2/14 it's getting closer to 2 years.

I'm not in the buy but I've been reading the comments from people involved and I'm quite sure many people have tried to get their money back without success. Or he offers to put their money towards something in his shop.

The buy has stretched out to 20 months at this point, so waiting more doesn't see that effective. The last batch of the rifles came in January, so nothing new for 10 months. Plus there have been no accessories received either.

In terms of getting money back, a whole bunch of folks are waiting for checks that have been in the mail for months now. Some people were able to use their group buy money towards something else in the shop IF you were willing to trek down there AND if you could find something worthwhile in the very limited stock.

Jamie, is that you??

I got a store credit. I live close so it worked out. I got my Utah non resident license from his class. I used it to drive to S.Dokata with a ccw on my hip.I don't know what happened. I will still use his shop. I hope he has a good explanation for what happened and becomes a NES dealer member once again.

I'm not in the buy but I've been reading the comments from people involved and I'm quite sure many people have tried to get their money back without success. Or he offers to put their money towards something in his shop.
Sarcasm alert: Maybe this is punishment for waiting on a Hi-Point product

IMO...Plain a simple the shop is small, limited and he is not very friendly. I personally will never go there to buy anything.

Only dealings I ever had with Silver City was when I signed up for the reloading class there on Father's Day probably a few weeks before the class date. I called the day before just to double check and was told nope no class tomorrow it was cancelled. I thought, well thanks for the heads up.

Avoid this shop at all costs.

"We will be keeping a spreadsheet of when folks paid and when those guns are ordered. They will come in and be transferred in the same order. Our listing dates are final, there is no arguing about this...If you don't like it we can refund your money and you can have a nice day... " Direct Quote From Jamie At Beginning Of Buy.

I am unfortunately part of this bogus group buy and Jamie is truly not a man of his word.

Jamie started out telling me I should get my refund in a week or two, and it has been months. When I asked him where I was on the list of refunds, he stated he didn't have the list in front of him.

Jamie stated he was sending out a few a week, but couldn't tell me how many he sent out that week or how many were left. No one is receiving them.

Constant lies.

Additionally, constant requests from members to see an invoice order for the rifles have been refused!

Last edited:
small claims is a joke..... judge "your own these people money you must pay" Ase closed wait for money.....
Pretty obvious he spent the money as to no refunds. the remaining should all go down there at one time "NES GROUP BUY REFUND PARTY" sad business is this shady. I just hope you guys take action before they go belly up and the chase gets harder.

Did anyone pay with a USPS money order. I don't know what the time line is but it becomes mail fraud if you paid with one and did not re sieve goods. If so report his ass to the USPS in his town.

That's why I'm a bit confused about this....it's only hi-point carbines, they were hot for some time, but that has since faded. If I had money on one, I would just go ask for my money back at this point

Look friend, I've got no skin in this game, but if I were you, I'd go look up the history on this buy before I made such ludicrous statements. It's an enormous shit show, rapidly getting to "winter" status.

I was one of the lucky few who managed to get a rifle and for that I'm grateful to the universe.

I had to go to the location to pick up the rifle and was horribly unimpressed with it. Very little firearm inventory on hand, more bait and fishing stuff than anything else. Seems like it was a light bulb idea "Let's be an FFL" that wasn't thought out and he got in over his head.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out he's used the remaining money to fund something else and just can't pay it back so people are getting screwed out of their money/product.

I won't step foot near this shop or Jaime because of the piss poor manner in which he handled this.

All were paid in full in advance. he claims the business has nothing to do with this but the payments were all paid to silver city.

He also claims that the rifles were ordered personally by him and c-pher, but c-pher later claimed he had nothing to do with the buy. Wait what?

I wouldn't be surprised to find out he's used the remaining money to fund something else and just can't pay it back so people are getting screwed out of their money/product.

pretty obvious that's what he did with it. No receipt to the alleged distributor for the 'order', no product, and no money for refunds. Not hard to do the math on that one.

and we also had a member who was part of the buy contact Hi-point who confirmed there was no backup and could put us in touch with a distributor with plenty of stock.

if it is that easy, and other FFL's in this state have done HI-Point buys since, how hard is it for Silver City?

must be harder when you don't actually have the money

pretty obvious that's what he did with it. No receipt to the alleged distributor for the 'order', no product, and no money for refunds. Not hard to do the math on that one.

Without hard evidence indicating such, I'm not in a position to make a statement of fact, hence why I worded it the way I did. Innocent until proven guilty and all that jazz, ya know?

Glad I checked this thread out before I went and checked out the store! Looks like I'll be sticking with bay state trading post for my gun purchases in the south eastern ma area! Good luck to you guys! At least this was a hi point but not a tavor buy...

I gave this place a shot in the beginning selling my guns. Poor customer service. Ive since bought 6 guns over an hour away at Four Seasons. I agree buyer be aware at Sliver City Firearms

Back
Top Bottom