• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Merrimack Firearms

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Just wanted to say I've had nothing but good experiences there since moving up to NH. A good group of guys and fair pricing. I've gotten a few guns and more than a few transfers.

I'm usually willing to pay a little extra at a LGS over on-line, I like to see what I'm buying before I buy it. But that isn't usually necessary, when Aero were on sale on-line I picked up 3 at MF that were less than the on-line.

I don't know about ammo prices, I usually mail order bulk, but for everything else they are a first stop.

I don't think I'll ever do business with them again. I had a real issue with them when the Sig M17 Surpluses were released. They said one thing and then did a totally different thing. This is NH, we have lots of solid gun shops - e.g. Shooters, Old Gun & Glory, and others that have equally good prices and actually do what they say they are going to do. I'm not a huge fan of shops that operate outside of their word.

With that said, I had great experiences with them before the M17 thing. But... if I'm forced to deal with a shop like that I would rather just shop online for the best possible prices and transfer in. If a shop is going to intentionally screw customers when interesting stuff comes out, why give them profit on the easy stuff?

I don't think I'll ever do business with them again. I had a real issue with them when the Sig M17 Surpluses were released. They said one thing and then did a totally different thing. This is NH, we have lots of solid gun shops - e.g. Shooters, Old Gun & Glory, and others that have equally good prices and actually do what they say they are going to do. I'm not a huge fan of shops that operate outside of their word.

With that said, I had great experiences with them before the M17 thing. But... if I'm forced to deal with a shop like that I would rather just shop online for the best possible prices and transfer in. If a shop is going to intentionally screw customers when interesting stuff comes out, why give them profit on the easy stuff?
What did they say and do, and what did they say when you pointed this out. I'm curios because I know they have gone above and beyond for me. Not everything they have is the cheapest, but enough stuff is priced right for me to check them first. And they get it that they don't carry everything.

What did they say and do, and what did they say when you pointed this out. I'm curios because I know they have gone above and beyond for me. Not everything they have is the cheapest, but enough stuff is priced right for me to check them first. And they get it that they don't carry everything.
They put me on a "list" for an M17 surplus. I also continued to call in asking if they arrived - they were hot. The lied about having it when I called - I pointed out their rag is shown on several GB listings. At this point, they said yup sorry - win the auction and you can pick it up here and save shipping. Anyway, that left a really bad taste in my mouth. I get they need to make money - but... not being honest about the process, not being honest about what you have, and selling at 2x+ MSRP are three strikes for me.

They put me on a "list" for an M17 surplus. I also continued to call in asking if they arrived - they were hot. The lied about having it when I called - I pointed out their rag is shown on several GB listings. At this point, they said yup sorry - win the auction and you can pick it up here and save shipping. Anyway, that left a really bad taste in my mouth. I get they need to make money - but... not being honest about the process, not being honest about what you have, and selling at 2x+ MSRP are three strikes for me.
Are you sure it was Merrimack Firearms, I only ask because I've never seen, and can't find now, anything on GunBroker by them. Not under Merrimack Firearms or their domain nhgunshop. I don't see anything under 619DW either, I do see a lot under Northeast Munitions. All three are in Merrimack.

Not questioning your experience, it just doesn't fit with my experience with them. Frankly, they are more the "check back later" than "we'll put you on a list" kind of guys.

Are you sure it was Merrimack Firearms, I only ask because I've never seen, and can't find now, anything on GunBroker by them. Not under Merrimack Firearms or their domain nhgunshop. I don't see anything under 619DW either, I do see a lot under Northeast Munitions. All three are in Merrimack.

Not questioning your experience, it just doesn't fit with my experience with them. Frankly, they are more the "check back later" than "we'll put you on a list" kind of guys.

Yes, I'm absolutely certain... Your experience could be different - in truth I hope it is. In the case of the M17 Surplus, I think they just decided to milk it for everything they could. The experience told me alot about management. They would rather put the special stuff on GB than sell it locally to people consistently doing business with them.

It was a few years ago - the account name wasn't what I expected. I only know it was them because the photo was taken on the gun mats on the counter (with the Merrimack Firearms name & logo). They also probably don't put much on GB.

Back
Top Bottom