SilencerCo “Maxim 9” integrally suppressed M&P 9

Eh cans look cooler in my opinion. But I don't want to be in the way of innovation

I guess it depends what you want it for. To post pics in a forum and show it to your friends, I agree with you.

For practical home defense, then the guns in the OP seem like a better choice. But I didn't watch the video yet.

I'd love a suppressed pistol for home defense, but I live in the Land of Oppression.

The state does not care that my kids will go deaf if I ever have to defend my home.

and when you are out of ammo, you can pistol when you are out of ammo, you can pistol whip them with this brick. does it come in brick red? [laugh]

i wonder if they were using subsonics in the video? i would like one of these in 45 with the heaviest subsonic slug available.

Allmost all 45 is sub sonic . It's why it's a good round for it .
I'd be all over one in 45 .
yea i know but i only carried +p 180 grain rounds in my combat elite. i think they were 1150 fps range. i would be looking for the heaviest hitting subsonic round i can launch in a home defense situation. i am still looking at maybe a 300 blackout upper with a can for home defense. i just need the doors to an armored truck to pop open when i am behind it and i dont mean an MRAP. [laugh]

I wonder if they come apart? Integrals may need cleaning from time to time. Ask me how I know. Jack.

One thing I've been confused about integrate.

Say your making a 45 rifle, do you just cut slots or holes in the barrel the put baffles between them and then a outer tube ?
I havnt been able to find good pics how they do those style .
You can find pictures of k stack and mono core all day . But integrals I never find info on .
The ones i do find , look like a mono core on the end and the outer tube just goes the whole way back .

Last edited:

Say your making a 45 rifle, do you just cut slots or holes in the barrel the put baffles between them and then a outer tube ?
You can find pictures of k stack and mono core all day . But integrals I never find info on .
The ones i do find , look like a mono core on the end and the outer tube just goes the whole way back .

Yes.

Not for me. If I didn't have to worry about my ears I'd be using my home defense gun to take care of mosquitos and spiders.

But seriously, I'd love one. I do like the look of cans, and this one is a tad space gunney for me, but the idea is solid. It doesn't make the gun much longer or heavier, it doesn't loosen and in a pinch you could paddle your boat with it. Once somebody does it, lots of people are going to start making them and they'll only get better.

You make the barrel look like swiss cheese and fill the space between it and the tube with packing (st st or aluminum mesh). That's how I suppressed my single barrel shotgun. It's not a one shot Form 1 deal if you want to be legal. A lot of cut and try needs to be done with all the variables ( number of holes, hole size, spacing, tube size, type of packing, etc.) That's the fun part. My Ruger Mark 2 .22 pistol int. suppressed by Ceiner has a 10 inch turned down barrel with 88 .187 dia. holes in it. The space between the barrel and the 1 inch tube is filled with brass shoe eyelets. Then there are 11 baffles at the end. (10 in. bbl, 12 in. tube). 1980's technology, a bitch to take apart, clean and re-pack, but very effective. If you really want to look into this, we can get together sometime and talk about it. It's really a 07/SOT type build if you want to stay out of club fed. Jack.

You make the barrel look like swiss cheese and fill the space between it and the tube with packing (st st or aluminum mesh). That's how I suppressed my single barrel shotgun. It's not a one shot Form 1 deal if you want to be legal. A lot of cut and try needs to be done with all the variables ( number of holes, hole size, spacing, tube size, type of packing, etc.) That's the fun part. My Ruger Mark 2 .22 pistol int. suppressed by Ceiner has a 10 inch turned down barrel with 88 .187 dia. holes in it. The space between the barrel and the 1 inch tube is filled with brass shoe eyelets. Then there are 11 baffles at the end. (10 in. bbl, 12 in. tube). 1980's technology, a bitch to take apart, clean and re-pack, but very effective. If you really want to look into this, we can get together sometime and talk about it. It's really a 07/SOT type build if you want to stay out of club fed. Jack.

Yeah I under stand the legal part of it . It's more of me wanting to under stand , and make ones for my self once I can get the FFl stuff squared away .

I love SilencerCo as a company. I also like the innovation in this but, no one can dis the looks of a Hi-Point after these go main stream. Just say'n.

You would cut the barrel down and have a baffle stack that builds off it. That can be a reflex design or not.

Thats the 1980s version for sure since an individual can't service the packing material without having a 07/SOT. My integrals are a baffle stack on a smaller barrel but the same overall length.

Section 10A. Any person, other than a federally licensed firearms manufacturer, an authorized agent of the municipal police training committee, or a duly authorized sworn law enforcement officer while acting within the scope of official duties and under the direct authorization of the police chief or his designee, or the colonel of the state police, who sells or keeps for sale, or offers, or gives or disposes of by any means other than submitting to an authorized law enforcement agency, or uses or possesses any instrument, attachment, weapon or appliance for causing the firing of any gun, revolver, pistol or other firearm to be silent or intended to lessen or muffle the noise of the firing of any gun, revolver, pistol or other firearm shall be punished by imprisonment for not more than five years in state prison or for not more than two and one-half years in a jail or house of correction.

So under MA law, this gun itself is the "instrument, attachment, weapon or appliance " that causes the firing of itself (?) to be silent or muffled?

Thats the 1980s version for sure since an individual can't service the packing material without having a 07/SOT. My integrals are a baffle stack on a smaller barrel but the same overall length.
Being 07/SOT, that's covered. When I built the shotgun 20 yrs ago I used (stole) Ceiner's concept. Fun project. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom