• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sigma 2.0

Smith and wesson releases the sigma 2.0 with a flat face trigger and different serrations in the slide

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231219_154016_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231219_154016_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 43
I won one of the originals in a raffle and I’ve never used it. I guess for the money it would be OK if you paid for it but not my cup of tea.

The SD line came out in 2010 and replaced the Sigma line. This is a revision of the SD line. It's definitely a step up from the Sigma, but my understanding of the original product line was that it was a little more intended to be a stripped down M&P without the backstrap modularity.

That said, yeah, it's more like a Sigma 3.0. Especially if MSRP is something around $350.

The original Sigma was dog sh*t. Not sure why they would run it back. It’s a rehash no one needs like AIDS 2.0.

The first one was fugly the second one was better than the mp line imo
My father had the first sigma it was unreliable at best, constantly. He sent it back to S&W several times, issues never corrected. He hated it so much he wouldn’t even sell it. He had integrity and didn’t want to pass on junk to someone.

I remember it and it turned me off to S&W semi autos to this day. Too many other great semi’s for me to buy. Still have my dad’s sig 226’s. Never had a problem.

My father had the first sigma it was unreliable at best, constantly. He sent it back to S&W several times, issues never corrected. He hated it so much he wouldn’t even sell it. He had integrity and didn’t want to pass on junk to someone.

I remember it and it turned me off to S&W semi autos to this day. Too many other great semi’s for me to buy. Still have my dad’s sig 226’s. Never had a problem.
Ive had 3

One in 40( I've prayed the gay away... only @AllaSnackbah 's physique tempts me now)

One in 9 because i wanted one with prebans

And another 9 to butcher practicing etching on

They work never had an issue with them

I don't really like Smith and wessons in general but not because of those

I always thought the first gen Sigma was a great gun for the money. That is of course, until the PSA dagger and Canik came out.
I think the second was on par with those minus the trigger

Hell if they put ns on it and a flat trigger and kept the gun the same it would be a winner

The SD line came out in 2010 and replaced the Sigma line. This is a revision of the SD line. It's definitely a step up from the Sigma, but my understanding of the original product line was that it was a little more intended to be a stripped down M&P without the backstrap modularity.

That said, yeah, it's more like a Sigma 3.0. Especially if MSRP is something around $350.

I recall going into gun shops just after 98 was passed and it was a few used guns and a crapload of Sigmas. I almost bought one before I found a Glock. I was real close. Whew.

They should call it the Smegma.

It WAS! Circa same era. Damn. I can't believe that was 25 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom