• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sights for an M&P Bodygaurd 380 vs other M&P sights

Hi all,

I've got a SW Bodygaurd 380. Despite the long pull, I really like the gun. Slips easily in a pocket - much easier to conceal than my j-frame (which I'll be putting on the market).

I would like to put night sites on it though. However, I can't find much that says they are specifically for it. However there are lots listed as being for M&P pistols.

Does anyone know if the BG380 has the same sight dovetails as other m&p's?

Thanks!

I put williams fire sights on mine (NOT night sights, THEY are fiber optic) I really like them!

View attachment 171634 View attachment 171635 View attachment 171636

Also the ONLY aftermarket sight I found for the BG380 are the XS sights "or" The Williams Fire Sights.

how are they in the "dark"? do they collect enough ambient to be useful?

The XS are the only true night sights I've found. Just not sure how I feel about the single dot.

Did you install them yourself? or did you have a smith do it? I've never pushed sights on/off before. can't be that hard, right?

how are they in the "dark"? do they collect enough ambient to be useful?

The XS are the only true night sights I've found. Just not sure how I feel about the single dot.

Did you install them yourself? or did you have a smith do it? I've never pushed sights on/off before. can't be that hard, right?

Do you "cobalt" have the laser or NON-laser version???

They are more of a Target Sight. They do "NOT" glow in the dark.

I have the XS sights on
2 pistols and do like them (Shield-9 & M&P9)

I did do it myself, it's not that hard with a good vice, cardboard shims so you don't mar the slide or sights and a good punch set.

Front sights were not so bad to do... The Rear sights were a
@#$%^ to get out...

I would recommend putting the slide in the freezer for an hour or 2 before you remove the old sights...

There are good videos on youtube and sight companies sights showing the installation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the non-laser version because... well... honestly I didn't realize the button for turning it on was on the grip and not the red button on the side. duh... oh well. I still really like it.

I think I might buy a pusher because if I do like the XS I will likely retrofit them onto my 1911 that I carry and my Sig 226.

Thanks,
Matt

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, especially in light of the news of the last few days, thanks for your 26 years of LEO service.

Back
Top Bottom